Well, I am trying to get a plan for my 1971 Roadrunner. I don't have matching# engine. What I do have is that cam mentioned in the title, a 62' 413 fresh bore .030 with low compression cast dish pistons, not built yet. I also have a 70' 383 needs rebuilt. I don't want anything crazy. Just a mild engine that would run on pump gas. Car will have 727 auto and 3.55 sure grip with 28 inch tire. Car will be used for fun, cruising around town, and to car shows. Looking for a good combination of medium power and mileage. Mileage not a big deal, just a thought. I have been told to put the 413 crank in my 383. Would 432 stroker be overkill for what I want? I am looking into 440source stealth heads, or just having the 906's rebuilt. Too many questions. I would really love some input from anybody that has actually done the 413/440 crank in a 383. Also some suggestions on a more modern cam that would work better for my setup, depending on whether I go with the 383, 413, or 432.

I forgot to add, looking at aftermarket aluminum intakes, using the HP cast manifolds, dual snorkel air cleaner, that I have.

Build my drivetrain, air cleaner to exhaust.

Thanks TONS!!

Last edited by JeffL; 12/31/12 09:57 PM.