Quote:

I have to wonder about the Super Victor my self. It killed TQ under 4500 and I mean killed (30 or 35# campared to AirGap). I think it's a great intake in the right application ie circle track or 400+ ci drag. My little ci low comp motor can barely use it. Would like to try the AirGap with a 2" Wilson tapered spacer. In subsequent testing on my 440HP spare parts 360 the 2" Wilson was about 10HP better than the open 1" when run on the same AirGap intake. I believe the HP is legit, its just that its in a poor chassis for the engine combo. Put this in the more typical sub 3000LB car, with a good converter, trans brake, at a bit lower elevation track and it would move.

There are alot of things that can affect mph that's for sure. When I first started running my w2 headed 360 duster it went 119mph and made right at 500hp. Once I changed the alignment up front and ran more tire psi in the rear I gained 2mph!
So mph is not always an indicator but more like a guage that can be off once in a while.
I'll bet the SV intake is hurting gear changes.

Brian Hafliger