Quote:

Pretty sure the Indybrocks come with a 2.05 valve. When you upgraded the valves did you stick with that size or jump up to a 2.08 valve. When I see a head stall like that on a flowbench and start backing up its usually a high airspeed issue. I'll bet its well over 400fps over the short-turn. With your 712 lift cam you are well into the affected area. The flow numbers you posted are in the area of what a ported set of heads with a 2.02 valve usually end up with. A 5200-5500 stall convertor would really help out at that weight (3400). I don't know how you guys make a small-block Duster weigh that much.

Used 2.055 Ferrea hollow stem int. and 1.6 24* tulip exh. The few other worked over Eddy sbm castings flowed on this bench didn't flow as good as these, and they all supposedly flowed over 300. One set by Shadey Dell, another by some guru I never heard of, and a set of cnc ported non offset rocker castings.
I didn't check, but I imagine the lift at the valve is less than theoretical after .014 lash and .030 or so from the 59* lifter angle loss and parts deflection. Likely seeing .670ish lift which is just about where the head stalled (.650).
All steel car and a fat guy behind the wheel=heavy sled.
Hopefully the car and the driver lose some weight this winter.