Guys,

I finally have my gauges back from Instrument Specialties and got everything hooked up. However I wanted to run something by the gurus here to see if I have a problem or not.

I noticed that when the motor is warming up, it gets just about pegged to the "H" on the gauge before the t-stat opens. The T-stat is a stock temp (195) I believe. Once it opens, the temp gauge drops almost immediately to the top of the normal range.

Is this how the factory intended it? Is 195 really the top of the gauge where the motor is "overheating"? This seems a bit low to me. I am assuming the gauges are calibrated correctly as they just got back from the "pros". Enginer harness is brand new repro and the the sender itself was replaced about 5 years ago but has very little actual runtime on it.

I havent run the car much past warm up and some very short drives (been battling another issue) but seems in cool weather (50-60 dgerees) the motor seems to stay near the hi side of the normal range on the gauge.

I know I can swap in a 180 t-stat which I may do later but I don't want to mess with it if I don't have a problem...

Thoughts? Ideas?