Brad,

We are almost neighbors, . I'm in Lorton right now, .. but just sold my house and am moving down to Henrico Ashland area in a few months. Close to Richmond.

Selling the $600K house for a $190K house on 2 acres where I can build a new 40x60 shop. $1800 a month for 1000 sq. ft shop space is just stupid around the DC area, .. so I'm outa here.

I have two flow benches, .. I have a SF110 that I use for small stuff, 4 cylinder road race heads, quick jobs, etc. I also have a custom that flows 900 cfm at 36" h2o for the pro stuff. The big bench is up in Maryland since I don't have room here right now .. moving shop.

Jim Justice at Justice race engines in Frederick has a FlowData that will hit 800 cfm at 28", .. but I don't know
if he has run it lately.

The difference between the two is often less then a cfm if I use the same bore adaptor and intake radius.

The MOST important thing with a sf-110 is all the corrections. You HAVE to do temp & barometric pressure corrections to get accurate cfm numbers.

I use the Performance trends Port flow analyzer software, .. have a flowcom on the bench that feeds info right into the computer, .. and it's dead on. The other advantage to the Port flow software, .. and more important then flow numbers is it does all the flow coefficient math too.

I just had a set of small block chevy 12º comp heads that flowed a peak of 388 cfm @28" I flowed them on the 110 at 7", .. then checked it on the other bench, .. corrected numbers within 1-2 cfm.

You have to remember a flow bench is a test tool, .. you test always with the same machine, .. and can't really compare to other machines. ( although the magazines have blown this CFM flow thing way out of proportion. )

What I would be more concerned about is turbulence in the port. Like a short turn can flow real nice and sound sweet at a 7" vacuum, .. but run it 32" and it turns into a category 5 twister.

Curtis