Quote:

Finding a place under my 340 for an engine support has been tough. The only place that I found was the oil pan "flange". I cut two pieces of 1-1/2" square aluminum extrusion and placed one end under the oil pan flange (on both sides of the pan) and then let the other ends rest on a 1/2" piece of hardwood on the floor. The engine and tranny are now resting on these two rails, but I am curious how others have supported their small blocks from underneath when pulling their tranny's. Any pictures?

Thanks

I have all ways been in the back yard under the shade tree in the dirt doing mine since I was 15 with my first mopar.

I use a short piecs of 2x6 on the ground,sit a small bottle jack on it,use a short 1x4 under the sump of the oil pan.

I have never bent the pan that way myself.

I then use a floor jack under the pan of the trans,i use a small square piece of 3/8 plywood between the jack and trans pan.

you should be ok with it the way you have it,only concern I would have on the pan rail lke that would be all the weight is centerd to those 2 spots not spred over more of the pan rail.

check those bolt when you are done to make sure the gasket did not smoosh down and lose bolt torque in those spots.

Last edited by scratchnfotraction; 11/21/12 10:38 AM.