Quote:

I bought a cheap summit battery relocation kit and I am wondering how do I connect all the fusible link connectors???? I have 2 seperate ones coming off the original battery positive cable. Do I need to get some kind of solenoid type relay???? What has anyone else done with their mostly street driven car with the battery moved to the back??? TIA TBF

Some neat diagrams there.

The important thing to remember is keep it simple.

I'm assuming the kit came with a box, a length of wire and a 2 pin cutoff switch.

nhra rules require that the shutoff be in the positive side, and that when the switch is thrown, all electrical operation will cease(including the running of the car)

Run the big wire from the switch in the back, up to the starter relay. Just like if the battery was still up front. Route your fuse links to the same place they were(I'm assuming on the relay post).

then a short heavy wire from the switch to the plus side of the batt.

Then ground the neg side to the body with a really clean connection, and a heavy wire. You have to have a really good heavy ground on the motor to the body also(unless you plan on running a ground wire up to the motor from the trunk too).

The problem then becomes, if you flip the switch, with it set up like this, it will keep running. The alt still supplies power.

How to stop it? I have found the simplest way is to disconnect the alternator main wire from the alt. Then run a new wire direct from the alt main to the plus side of the battery,( or the same side of the cutoff switch that the battery is on). Then when the switch is thrown, the alt is isolated, WITH the battery, from the rest of the car, and it quits running.

The other plus to doing it this way, , is that you have also bypassed your ammeter at the same time, so that will never strand you again.

No solenoids etc.. needed

I'm sure you;ll get more suggestions