Quote:

I dont care for roots blowers one bit. I have several reasons for this:

1. Expensive.... For the cost of a blower alone, you could build an entire tubo or centrifugial system
2. Cutting up the car. I hate seeing these things stick out of the hood. I'm sorry, but I think it makes the car look stupid.
3. Silent but deadly... This is what a turbo or Centrifugal system is. Its not what a roots is by any stretch.

Oh, FYI... I'm 21 years old. I don't know how old the rest of you are, but I'm guessing older members like older, more proven technology (roots blowers). If I ever get around to my dream car, it'll be a 1971 cuda, all aluminum 4 valve hemi, centrifugially supercharged, 6 speed overdrive, dana 60 with 3:23's, 4 wheel disc brakes, lowered, stiffer springs, heavier anti sway bars, 18/20 inch rims (F/R), with the fronts being 10-12 inches wide, and the rears at least 16. and finally as much weight reduction as I can do. If you ask me, thats a car! Silent but fast. It can stop, it can turn, and it can run like a bat out of hell, and it doesn't have to have a big chunk of aluminum sticking out of the hood to do it.

VTEC RULZ MAING!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, I personally enjoy seeing a bunch of different kinds of cars. You can only look at so many restored '70 'cudas before it starts getting boring. That's when its nice to see a G-machine or pro-street car thrown into the mix.

Personally, I hate cars that are too fussy. Wild paint jobs, Chrome 8-71 blowers, Kandy metalflake scalloped paint jobs, and 20-foot-long chrome wheelie bars. Its sensory overload every time I look at one of those things.

Now, gime me a car with a satin or grey 8-71 blower and a killer solid paint job...then its a different story.

Taste is subjective. I see a lot of things I like and a lot of things I hate in this hobby.

1970 Dodge Charger R/T Hemi Orange U-code 4-speed
1971 Jaguar E-Type Series 3 V-12 4-speed 2+2 Signal Red.