john, apparently your taking my comments personally as I've tried really hard in all my comments to not point a finger, blame, be offensive or anything of the such yet everytime I post something you jump in & tell me I've done or interpreted something incorrectly - what gives?

If I've done that I'll apologize now although I don't believe I have.

since you're hell bent on making sure that I seem to know my "assumptions" or "interpretations" are incorrect, I'll clarify...

here's the MP catalog - a later version than yours - 2009....the pic will prove that so we wont have to argue this anymore....BTW note the "supersedes all previous catalogs" in red

oil pickups - note it only differentiates hemi, B & RB - overall it lacks info. Also, the only reason I ever thought of the P5007848 pickup was because of a pic online from Summit racing, which BTW is actually accurate of the shape....

[image]http://[/image]

so the confusion initially came from images & catalog confusion - both MP & online info from Summit & Jeg's so than I called Mancini because according to their website they actually sold a 402 pan & pickup kit. When I called they didn't sell it anymore & the guy informed me the closest one to the original was the P5007848, I even asked him about the 4529564 & he insisted the 500 was closer - you see how its been confusing? Have I been asking the wrong questions or listening to the wrong people - well according to you I was but my comparison pictures seem to tell a different story & thats exactly why i got both pickups was to find out the actual answer......not prove you wrong, which is what you seem to interpret it as.

Let me be clear, I've never said you were wrong, I've never insinuated you were wrong, I've only stated what info I was told & had picked up from others in a effort to solve this problem.

the only purpose of this post was to share knowledge of a direct parts comparison which others hopefully will find helpful.

I'll finish with this - Its not all about you!