Quote:

Quote:

What I'd thought was the correct part number I was told was incorrect by a board member but was informed by Mancini Racing differently.

My engines a 69 393 HP, windage tray, 402 pan setup.

Thanks ,Evan

I have used the pickup that you THINK is incorrect more than once with a 402 pan , so unless Mopar changed something since the last time I bought one , maybe 4 years ago , I don't see how it is incorrect.

The reasons for my showing the differences between the 2 pickups isn't because I think one is correct or not, rather to illustrate the confusion because of the catalogs & similarities between the two. I certainly didn't expect them to have virtually identical shapes. I just figured I couldn't of been the only guy ever confused by this issue & it might be helpful to show this in both pic's & spec's. Its great to know the 4529564 works w/a 402 pan w/o problems, now we also know that the 5007848 will work as well because they're virtually identical. I think it was worth an extra $24 bucks to clear up my confusion & anyone in the future can benefit from this now.

Quote:

All the factory service manuals call for the bottom of the pickup to rest on the bottom of the pan I shoot for a coat hanger width from the bottom max or or the flat part of the dipstick width on mine I remove the drain plug while the motor is on the engine stand upside down to set that clearance. twist and to get it there

They obviously must sit really close as my original one was bent really badly & the pan had a major dent in it. After threading it into the block Are you actually hammering on it while its installed to set the clearance?

Thanks all,
Evan

Last edited by edp; 09/23/12 01:01 PM.