Quote:

I definitely would not expect it to make gobs of power. Just be able to cruise around and back to the weekly show and shines around town. Thats about it.

It's pretty common for threads like this to meander, people will throw $2-300 for insurance at it repeatedly, not that they're wrong, but they don't know your budget and goals (even though you said low-buck at least twice) - and next thign you know it's a $3000 rebuild. People build on what the previous guy says. Read any low-buck-build-a-318-to-drive-to-work thread and see how long it takes for someone to say 'get a 360'.

There have been a handful of budget 440 build threads on here in the last year or so, do some searching and see what you can find.

I would've recommended you get it runnign first and check OP, blowby, compression, coolant sealing, etc, first. That's the first step in a true low-buck build.

Last edited by Fury Fan; 09/14/12 05:53 PM.

Parts I seek: driver doorpanel, 65 Sport Fury, prefer black, needs to be 7-8 on 10 scale, might buy set 16" x 6" Dodge truck wheel(s), from early 70s?, takes 9" dogdish - need for a research job so cheaper is better. 69-73 C-body caliper brackets and/or splashields Send a PM.