Quote:

Anyone here..besides Randy Johnson(Dartin)ever had an engine on one?...what was your opinion of it,as far as accuracy goes? I'm just curious! Thanks in advance! Randy

Yes. I like it and will continue to do back to it/him. It is as much the operator as the equipment. The owner/operator I use is small time, and a Pontiac guy. He sells nothing but dyno time.

I dont know if it is accurate, but it was very, very consistent. My engine sat on the dyno for a week and I made a lot of changes (carbs, intakes, intake modifications, spacers, and lash) and a lot of pulls. About 1/3 of the pulls were duplicate runs just so I could convince myself that the results were repeatable, adding validity to the results observed for each change.

I run regularly with 3 other guys that have dyno results for their engines from nationally recognized shops. I have their dyno sheets in my possession, and their car weights. Based on their data, they should all be faster than me. None of them are.

But don't lose perspective on what a dyno is; a tool. If you are not going to use it as a tool, why spend the money, as the numbers mean little otherwise. The only numbers that have meaning you'll find on your time slip.