Quote:

Anyone here..besides Randy Johnson(Dartin)ever had an engine on one?...what was your opinion of it,as far as accuracy goes? I'm just curious! Thanks in advance! Randy

I have had motors on the local Studka as well as on several different DTS and a Superfow, there all measuring devices Make sure the dyno operator and the dyno are current on the mandatory software upgrades and are willing to calibrate the dyno for your motor, see if they use a flywheel or not on thiers The local one didn't use a flywheel until we did one of my motors on thier dyno with a 30 lb. flywheel on it, you have to add the flywheel weight into the software tables The flywheel helps the motor to not accelerate rapidily when the dyno operator opens the throttle quickly, it wll not control the acceleration as quickly as it will with the flywheel on, it will rev way past the preset bottom RPM start limits and it takes a short while for the Studka dynos to pull the motor back below the starting RPM. The DTS do a lot better job of controlling this I try to use the flywheel that will be on the motor so why not duplicate what it will be in the car Is this your first time dyno tetsing a motor? If so let us know what you think when done My pucker factors goes to the moon every time they start a pull Even after hundreds of pulls There are two methods to do the dyno test pulls, manually and automated, I like the automated They can set the acceleration rate also, from 100 RPM per second to 1000 RPM per second, I think these numbers are accurate on the Studka software settings I think the industry standard is either 300 RPM per second or 600 RPM per second Each pulls takes longer at 300 per versus 600 per Have them do two pulls with no changes other than using 300 per and 600 per second recording rate and look at both sheets to see what differences there are and then decide which rate you want to use

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 08/25/12 02:46 PM.