Quote:

The dyno in question uses no flywheel... it has its
own starter... he does use the auto mode for the
acceleration rate on the pulls... I'm sure I seen
600 as the rate when I was on it

All of the dyno I've used have thier own starters on the dyno driveshafts or internally, none of them used the starter to operate the flywheel ring gear to start the motors I've used both the 300 per and the 600 per, not sure which one we ended up using OP, make sure that the dyno sheets show that the HP and torque are equal at 5250 RPM If not something is wrong with that dyno or the software set up on it I just remember another thing about the recording rate, it can capture and record information from 50 RPM increments up to whatever the upper levels are. I like 100 RPM increments, some people like 50 RPM increments I've had both, as I said I like and use the 100 RPM setting One last thing is the start and finish RPM, I like to start off the first pulls with 2500 or 3000 RPM for the lower limits and 5000 or 5500 RPM for the upper limit. If the motor is new it will take anywheres from 5 to 12 full pulls to seat the rings and quit gaining power on each pull Once it levels off(repeats within 1% ) we will look at the results and then decide to change the RPM settings, if it is a street motor with a 3000 RPM converter we may leave the lower RPM limit at 3000 RPM and raise the upper to 6000 RPM if the motor shows that it is still gaining HP at the old upper RPM limit. I try to use 500 RPM above the peak HP settings for the upper RPM stop settings, I have seen jetting make the peak HP setting RPM increase, go up from 5900 RPM to 6300 RPM I've also seen almost no change in power and torque from 6500 RPM to 7200 RPM on a race motor with high compression and a big cam I like to raise the upper RPM until I see a difenint(SP?) falling off of the motors peak HP RPM. Good luck, have fun

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)