I have run a 9800 on my stock 318 in my dart forever as soon as I decided I wanted to try one back about 89 or so.
Dennis and I threw a Mopar throttle shaft on the 9801 GM carb I found for 2 bucks, rebuilt it, and I ran it as is for about 15 years before it finally blew a O ring and had to be gone through again.
It is hands down the smoothest running, best MPG carb of all the carbs I've tried and I'll never run another crappy square bore AFB/AVS or Holley again.
Once you understand them they are easy to work on and tune, most people just don't have clue about them and stick with old tech because it's easy to deal with and looks normal.
The metering rod tree can be adjusted to get everything just right as long as you are careful and don't go to far as the step up rod can get jammed on the step up cam inside the next time you hit WOT(don't ask me how I know)
I also have around 30 complete carbs and lots of parts, even finally found a strip kit though I had enough parts to change jets and metering rods on my own, which I have.
The 9800 I had ran 95 jets, which I dropped to 92, but now I'm running 95 with bigger rods as it was hard to get rods small enough to make the extra lean jets work.

Life's a little bit better when you hit a Camaro.