Quote:

The Rules at most tracks say you can have 1 helper so why not use them.That's an extra set of eyes to help check every thing like oil or lose parts left over by other cars. Unlike a lot of people I can load my race-car in the trailer unload it and race it at the track all by myself I need no help what so ever,but it makes everything so much easier when you have good help.At the present I have 2 of the Best that I have ever had in my 25+ years racing,so yes they are going to be out there with the car every time.
If you want to Win races you have got to be on top of everything that is going on,and 1 person just can not do that.

BINGO! Smart racers do just that. Doesn't matter if its a 16-sec car or 6-sec car in the 1/4, its all about having at least a 2nd set of eyes on the car, and the track so that you or the car can live to make another pass.

Every one of you guys who are saying its not needed know that if you pull up to the line, launch and put your car into the wall or close enough to doing it (because of some mechanical failure or fluid loss) you know you'll have someone out there the next time. Maybe not to put you in the beams, but to give things a 2nd look before you launch.