Quote:

I use the Ford Taurus 2 speed fan on one car and the Ford contour dual fans on 2 cars. The Taurus fan has done the job perfectly in my 92 Vette with double the factory horsepower for the last 6 years. The Taurus fan is miles better than the factory electric fan so I don't think that all factory electric fans are created equally. I can't really speak for the Ford contour fans yet I just put them in this winter and the cars haven't been driven in really hot weather yet.

Personally I would go with a more common Ford fan you can get them anywhere and you can hot wire them if something goes wrong with your controller or relay. You can't get the mercedes fan at just any junk yard or parts store and if the controler goes to crap you're screwed and on a tow truck. I paid $35 for my Taurus fan and $37.50 for a set of Ford Contour fans. I used the $120 Dakota digitals fan controllers but they can be done with an $8 cube realy from autozone.

With the newer version of the Mercedes fan the box can be bypassed so that the fan runs at full speed if the box should go bad. very easy to do.

Last edited by DGS; 05/20/12 03:42 PM.