And the fastest thing she has ridden in is probably the 14 second Duster I drove when she was little. Reason for the post, I need a game plan to make sure she is going to succeed at this.
My daughter is 37 years old, and has done some rather intense stuff. Like free falling into a net from eleven storys up. So I think the car won't intimidate her to the point she can't adjust.
My first request to her was to get into a Go-Kart and get some driving experience as far as handling goes. That will give her some practice with reacting to what is happening in the car.
After that, I figure a full training session about the car, cockpit test, starting and running the car in the pits, and lots of practice of the driving routine.
After I feel she is ready, some low to medium power launchs by setting the throttle stop. Then as she goes through the six license runs, increasing just like they want.
My question is, for someone that has NEVER driven a drag car much less an 8 second car, what else should I do?
Might be better to consider a drag racing school? I keep thinking of all the other women that drive pro cars, and they had to start somewhere!

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky