So I took the car on a quick drive around the block and found that the brakes are super soft and barely stop the car ( thankfully I have a working e-brake The brake pedal feel is not very good and I made sure to bleed the system twice and there are no more bubbles. I did purchase a new master cylinder for a 73+ A body with manual disc brakes (I did bench bleed the master)and also got a proportioning valve that is a stock replacement for the 73+ which when compared side by side with the old disc one is probably 20% bigger. Since the pedal is soft I was thinking that maybe I need to get an adjustable brake pedal push rod (from mopar performance) ? I was thinking this might be the only thing in the system to cause the pedal to be really soft?? I double checked and found no leaks in my brake system so I am kinda stumped... I did check the initial depth of the pistons in the back of the 2 masters and they look like there might be a difference of 1 mm at the most ( the new one is slightly deeper)... You guys have any thoughts?

Last edited by smokes; 02/04/13 10:04 PM.

Looking for a clean w150 or w200 **72-80 body style In the Pacific Northwest**