This may sund stupid but i have been really thinking about just buying a brand new mopar distributer, reason being the new mopar electronic distributers have the adjustable mechanical advance so i could buy the new distributer and shorten the mechanical advance before i dro it in and if it needs any further adjustments i can do it with the distributer still in the engine. Another reason my current distributer is about 10 years old so i'm sure it wouldnt hurt to throw a new distributer in it and i can get a brand new mopar electronic vaccume advance distributer with the adjustable mechanical advance for 175 bucks. That doesnt seem like to high of a price specially for a distributer that has the adjustable mechanical advance. I dont know for sure tho... it just seems like a better idea ultimatly to get the new mopar distributer that has the adjustable mechanical for reasons stated above its not that expensive, its adjustable so i wouldnt have to pull it out alot like i would have to with the older mopar distributer, plus my current distributer is 10 yers old. what do you guys think on getting the new mopar distributer that has the adjustable mechanical advance?