The truck used to belong to my father but he passed away a year and a half ago he had this same 360 magnum same ignition and distributer in an older 75 dodge truck but he took it out and had it bolted into a 91 but didnt have all the wiring finished, i finished the wiring and got it running and now i am just trying to figure out where to set the timing, i'm thinking running it at 8 degrees initial and 35 total has to be close to where he always ran it because if i could get a higher initial that would mean he had already shortend the distributer slots correct? he had this engine dynoed a few years ago and its putting out 319 horse power and 424 ft lbs of torque, found the dyno sheet in his paperwork in the garage. I'm thinking he had to of had the timing set in the same ball park that i have it at now becaused if i could turn up the initial without affecting the total timing that would have to mean that he had shortend the distributer slots already to get a higher initial. right? and he knew alot more about mopar's and this engine in particular then i do and i think if he thought he'd get more power by shortening the distributer slots then he would have done it.