Quote:

Ether way i wll have to shorten the distributer slots in the distributer to be able to get a higher initial wihout affecting my total timing. I was talking to a fairly knowledgable mopar guy today in person at my house and he told me i dont want to shorten the slots because that will kill my top end? he said if you want better low end power the gear down lower but dont mess with them distributer slots, he said you have a 360 magnum correct? i said ya he said set your total timing 32 degrees and let the initial land where ever it lands he said dont worry about the initial timing the totalm timing is way more important.

Yeah stick with those smart people you appear to get advice from.

How exactly if the total number, which is fully in anywhere above where it stops advancing is going to hurt top end... that's genius right there!

Total is a fine method if all you do is run at the strip with no concern for idle quality.

You got good advice here and at FABO about how to do it on your street driven car. My suggestion, pick a method and go with it. One way is better than the other and it's like a brick wall sometimes because some are still stuck in the 80's with a mopar performance chassis or engine book.

Mopar SB distributors will spin 360* if there is no interference. Something is inhibiting your ability to advance it further. If it has a vacuum can on it, could be that, usually. The wires from the pickup... could be that too.