This stroker motor of mine has had its share of issues. Most recently, I've noticed some increasing tappet noise. I decide to remove the intake for inspection.

Found the #5 intake lifter to be partially digested.

This motor probably has less than 2000 miles on it. I've had the intake off several time along the way and each time inspected the lifters. This is a recent development.

Most recently, I replaced/upgraded the heads. Again, I noticed no cam or lifter wear while I had it apart. One thing I neglected to do after changing the oil this last time was to pour in the Comp Cams additive I've been using. In less that 200 miles, this is the result.

For the record, the cam is (was) a Comp Cams XE274HL. Nothing too crazy. Valve springs are beehives from IMM. Not sure of the pressures, but probably not much more than the double springs I ran on the old heads. Running iron adjustable rockers.

Right now I'm going with the theory that its an oil failure, with maybe a chinese lifter factor mixed in.

I haven't decided on my replacement plan yet. If I stick with Comp Cams, I'll probably step up a bit to a XE275HL. As far as lifters go, I'm not sure.

One thing for certain, I'm about to pay my "stupid tax".

7095872-P1090630.JPG (373 downloads)
Last edited by 471Magnum; 03/07/12 06:03 PM.

-Jim

I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman.
He's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it.

Currently Mopar-less