The rooster comb is simply the name for the trigger for the switch.

Quote:

Look at the picture of the three levers (rooster combs) and the switchs below each one. You can see that there are two legs that work the first switch ,a notch and a leg for the second switch and a ramp for the third three prong style. You can see that they will not work if switched around. The switchs screw into the trans at different depths also. They won't work unless they are matched sets lever and switch.

You contardict yourself with this last statement. You said it can't be done, and then explain how they can. Hmmm.

Here is the picture that is in the tech archive article.

Although they look different. it appears as though any could be used. The last comb seems to have a high spot where the middle one has a valley, that high spot would be for the back-up lights. After the neutral both combs ramp down to release the switch. For the sake of not having to do it twice I might just replce the rooster comb as well. Here is the picture that is in the tech archive article.

The first one was for pusg button trans the second one is the 66 thru 68 switch and the last one is the 69 & later switch

I have mechanical Aptitude.
I can screw up anything.