Got a pair of these for a great price off of ebay. They taped the boxes together when they shipped them, and you can see where the one in the bottom box took a beating, the broken part is laying in the box as well. Anyway, its for a '71 satellite w/ 11" brakes. In the pic you can see where the damage is, and I also included a pic of the undamaged one. It looks to me to only affect where the retainer/seal would go, and looks to me like once the seal is installed that area should be sealed up. If its safe, I was thinking I could hit it with a grinder to kind of clean it up and then run it if the seal will cover that spot and still keep out dust and dirt. So the question is do you guys think that will be safe? I think it will be, but thought I would ask you guys here first.

Also, if its not, is that something that I could have a machine shop repair? Maybe weld in some new metal and clean everything up?

Also I havent talked back to the place I bought it from. They were very pleasant to deal with on the purchase and have great feedback so I dont think it would be a big hassle to try and have it replaced. Just didnt want to deal with it is all. If I can safely run what I have, I'd rather just do that.

Last edited by roe; 01/17/12 11:51 PM.

1971 Plymouth Satellite
408/904 8 3/4 3.23 SG