I will check the back of the ammeter for a loose connection and I will disconnect the volt meter that is connected to the 12v MSD feed.
Thank you.

I took the attached picture back when I was running a ballast and the Mopar orange box. When I removed the ballast and added a 12v coil, I took all seven wires and connected them together and the car ran fne. Then when I swapped to the MSD box here a few weeks ago, I only used two wires, "single" brown (crank-not shown in picture) and blue (run) and the car starts and runs.
In the picture:
Light Brown: Crank/Ballast/Coil splice
Light Brown: Ballast to + coil
Green [Red tracer]: Un-used
Light Blue [Yellow tracer]: ECU to Run
Black [Yellow tracer]: ECU to - coil
Black: UNKNOWN
Blue: RUN
Not Shown: Light brown main feed for CRANK.

It appears that all three light brown wires are spliced from the same CRANK wire. I believe that I only need one which I currently have.
The blue RUN wire is required and currently wired.
The Green/RED, Light Blue/Yellow, Black/Yellow were coming off of the Mopar ECU and are no longer required.
The last wire that I do not have accounted for is the second Black wire shown in the picture.

EDIT:
The ammeter connections were tight and I changed the connection for the MSD volt gauge so that I can disconnect it and then reconnect it for a test.
I am going to wire in the blue run wire, the brown crank wire, and the double brown wires to the MSD 12v switched wire and the recheck the ammeter reading.
EDIT:
* I just found the connector for the 12v Blue-RUN/Brown-Crank to be "wiggle" loose. This feeds the 12v source for the MSD box. I "crimped" the male/female connector this time and there is no movement. Hopefully this may have been the issue. I will try and start the car this weekend to see what the ammeter is doing now. I will leave the 12v gauge disconnected at first then add it back in to see if there is a difference at the ammeter.
I also ran an external ground wire from the alt body to the battery negative ground wire just in case.

Thanks

6991768-ballastwiring.jpg (279 downloads)
Last edited by YO7_A66; 12/30/11 04:57 PM.