Why would anyone pay 15-20000 to sponsor a Mopower events race?? Norwalk would be the only event where you could even come close to getting a return on investment.
Now the St. Louis Monster Mopar event did have this kind of sponsor but you would simply need that with what it costs to have the track for a weekend. And that number doesnt even come close to covering the cost of renting the track. Back when the Dragraceresults series ran there like 8 years ago iIt was $30000 to rent it back then. I have heard numbers nearing triple that to rent it now.
As much as I say the promoters need to think about it from a racers standpoint; the racers need to think about it from a promoters standpoint. Think about if you were a sponsor how much you would be willing to throw up for a single event? How much return on investment is there? Same for the race promoter. I guarantee that people like Josh or the Dillmans that run the No Box Nationals have 6 months of work into their races. If I am putting 6 months of stress and work into something I better be capable of clearing $10,000 or it aint worth it. Yeah they love the sport but 6 months of work to make a grand or break even aint worth it. Nor would it be to most of you.
Heck its almost $3000 worth of operating expense at my local track on a Saturday before the purse and Chandler is a dump! From a business perspective its really tough to do.

AFCO, Rons Fuel Injection sponsored Dodge Challenger Mention Street Lethal Motorsports