Quote:

Here is my take on the whole situation. First off let me state that I have enjoyed running the Blankenships series. They welcomed me and my family with open arms at every event right from the get go. They made us feel like we had attended every event they ever had even at the first one we went to. They appear to me to be good people and thats the bottom line.
That being said, their series has obviously taken a turn for the worse. Many people are not happy with it on here by the looks of it. My only complaint about the series is the one that will keep me from traveling to the events. That is that you can't pay $50 to get to the semi finals. Its simple math. That barely pays for dinner. If you are depending on traveling racers you are gonna have to have a decent payout. You better be getting dinner money at 16 versus 4. I wont go to a local race 10 minutes from my house if they are paying $50 for semis. These cars and equipment are too expensive to maintain plain and simple. Josh has realized that and made a race (or two) that is worth traveling to and I will support those races for sure.
My only words of advice to the promoters are A: get sponsors so you can guarantee the payout and B put yourself in your racers shoes and think about what its gonna take to get the average Mopar racer to come to your races.

No disrespect to the OP,,,,but,,,I didn't find.."my first race..treated like I had ran all...etc, etc". QUITE the opposite,,,I was treated like I was an intruder/dumbazz/undesirable/complete idiot/'what/who do you think you are'/first time racer/I don't want you here/etc/etc.....if it goes under,,I will understand and pretty well know why..

If you like drag racing, support your local track.