I know the way you are describing to bleed the brakes and it will work as you stated if you do one more step. The cup with your brake fluid must be held above the the bleeder screw itself. If I am understanding your procedure properly you are attatching a hose to the bulb of the bleeder, opening bleeder, pumping brake pedal to force air out and suck fluid back in. Then close bleeder. Like stated, your results will be better if cup with fluid is above, not below bleeder. I do prefer to use the traditional method of pumping three times, holding, cracking bleeder, closing, release pedal. Repeat till no air seen. Another vote here to put plugs in M/C and pump slowly till you should feel the pedal get very firm. And very good advice to not push the pedal all the way to the floor when bleeding as it can damage the seals in the M/C. If you need to isolate the wheel affected you can clamp off the rubber hose at the rear splitter and see if the pressure gets better, indicating air in rear. Same applies to each of the front hoses. And other good info regarding brake shoe adjustments.