I am going through the same thought process now myself. Whether or not to make the hood scoop bolt to the carbs or not. With my engine being in the stock location meaning it is still offset it will make it pretty much useless to seal the scoop. My carbs are sitting against the edge of the current scoop now. Also the current set up is trapping a lot of air and the hood really is not happy at 160+ this way. To go to anything bigger in my opinion would look ridiculous. We are considering grafting a cowl to the cuurent hood and scoop as well and if we do that it pretty mcuh will keep me from being able to seperate the scoop from the hood. It is about the only badywork we have left to do before we paint the car.

IMO making the scoop and hood seperate really is ythe best way. You can seal the carb(s)to the scoop this way as well. easy enough to build a perimter frame for the scoop fastened to the engine. Only real issue I ever had doing this was getting all the pieces to line up IF you have the scoop and hood dzus to the saem holes. IMO using seperate fasteners to hold the scoop to the frame and then in turn the hood to the frame will make life easier.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"