Quote:

HPMike, could you explain that statement, ive a callis in my 452 small block stroker, it works no better or no worse then the china crank in a stronger motor, and was a grand more...If my needs called for a billet crank id have one but at a certain power level many are happy with the china cranks that may need a lil work.

Other then getting the china steel cranks in spec, we dont see many posts of them failed or a holed block so again for certain.....

What I dont get is we dog the china cranks but the chebbie and ford folks seem to have no issues with the eagle kits, scat parts and make big power on them, are us mopar people just picky or what....

Ive never been told my steel china crank was my wink link in some builds, its always the "stock block" issue.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ALL Chinese cranks I use get drop shipped right to the crank grinder-then to my shop. I'd say that it's pretty common to have issues. 80% need some sort of rework. Part of the deal.

MB

All Chinese cranks should get drop kicked back to china,.... Just my opinion

Yeah, then how many of the cheap assses are going to run $2,500. Callies or Crower cranks in their motors? Answer? just about nobody!

Its unfortunate, but that is how it goes.....

MB

Simple

Everyone wants to play Mr Patriot and shitt all over the Chinese parts and thats fine. I think it sucks, too. But at the same time, people are blowing up 8.75 rears because they dont want to spend a few extra dollars on a Dana.

My only point is that I wont even take one of these cranks out of the box without first sending it to my crank guy. It's fine. The few extra $$ added on to the price is more than worth it to the customer to get it as good as it can be. Some(few) are perfect, and that is great. And let's face it, the average bread and butter 600 horse stroker build doesn't need a premium crank. Unfortunately we don't have an option of a US made and machined entry level product.

So Quick77, it seems like we are on the same page, no? Sorry to the OP for his trouble. It's never fun when it turns out that way.
MB