I have a '71 GTX non-rubber bumper car. I bought the hood pin kit from the Chrysler dealership "Authentic Mopar Reproduction" part. What an unbelievable POS this kit is. I wont even go into details of how bad it is as there is too much wrong with it.

To the point, the lanyards that came with it are exactly 24 7/8" center eyelet to eyelet. When installed, that length is fairly tight on the bumer and leads to scratching. One of the reasons its extra tight is that the hood pin clips are upright and pull the lanyards further.

So I ordered a new set of cables and clips from Dale's Cuda Shop and they sent me 23" cables and the correct lay-flat clips. Now there's no way in hell 23" lanyards would fit my car unless I screwed them into a different hole under my hood. I called up Dale's and said "you guys sent me the 23" and I need the 25"" She said, "we always send out the 23" and the 25" are for Superbirds"

Well it just so happens that the Restoration Shop that just finished a superb job on my car, sent me a surprise gift in the mail..NOS lanyards and clips. These lanyards are exactly 26" eyelet to eyelet; part no. 3579673

Dale's Cuda Shop only sells 6" 9" 18" 23" and 25"

So, does anyone know the correct length for a '71 GTX? And out of curiosity, a rubber bumper GTX and Superbird? What the heck is going on? Am I mounting them in the wrong hole? A little screw hole near the hood pin. Do they not route around the front of the bumper? I've seen some pictures of people routing them between the bumper and the body.

I must say that Dale's has been excellent to deal with and the high quality repop parts are almost an exact match other than the length of course.

Last edited by NOrrTH; 09/12/11 02:59 PM.

'71 GTX N96 auto 3:55 '74 Challenger 440+6 4spd 4:10 '71 Duster 340 auto 4:10