Quote:

speaking of Doc, you want some of the action for 50.00 an hour? go get some. i'm betting you have no idea of the investment it takes to equip a machine shop and keep the doors open. 500K will barely get you started with equipment, add the tooling and supplies, specialized hand tools, maintenance, rent, tangible taxes, employee payroll, (more taxes) electricity, chemicals, etc. etc. and see how that works out for you. you'll work the first 10 hours of the day just to meet expenses, if your lucky. at 50 .00 an hour you'll be out of business in a hurry.

Dan .....

I would agree ...if you want to equip a machine-shop with the top-of-the-line 2012 equipment it might cost a little bit MORE than that. But who does that? ... NOT the wise business person.

The shop that I have used since I have been up-here uses old-school YESTERtech equipment that may not be as speedy as the new-stuff ... but is just a good -- it just takes a better operator.

I will bet that if all his old-school equipment sold at an auction ... it might be worth 30k$ ...and that is a stretch. There have been many auction/sales listing I have seen in the past couple of years ...and even stuff on CL ...

Sure .. you can spend 500k$ ... and you can buy a new building with 20k$ a month overhead .... but most do not do that if you want to stay-in-biz.