Quote:

If it comes down to someone making the commitment to Fram for 1000 units, maybe some sort of pre ordered group buy could motivate them to do another run.

I would buy two at $70 each, knowing it could be a long time before another run is made.

Throw in a few Mopar parts vendors and some Moparts members pooling their commitments and it could get done. I'd put down 50% up front should it take place.

(refundable if the venture cant recruit enough buyers)

That all sounds great and dandy, but the logistics of too many individuals involved would lead to kaos for the individual or group handling the financial end of the deal......this is one of those deals, you buy in quick, skim off what product you want, and dump the rest ASAP,... 1000 units is an "production insult" to Fram, thus the price (penalty) per unit,Fram is in the business of making filters, they have no interest in the plights of collector car enthusiasts/hobbiest,(so the coin has to be upfront, no "promises" of group buys, or "interested" individuals)... I have $10-$13K to invest in the "venture, an associate that will put up $10K, and a 3rd party that "might" bank roll $10K,...a big "might"...so even if i find a 4th party willing to invest $10K,....it's still a big chunk of coin, and let's face it, how many of these things can you move, like I said earlier, even to wholesale the bulk of the load, your gonna hustle to move maybe 25-50 units per vendor, even big companies like Year One, I'd wager no more than a 100 units, and your going to take a bigger hit wholesale wise, the larger the bulk order....to sit there and sell them off individually is just insane....I fiqured even with 4 investors, wholesaling the lot,....maybe a $2K return in profit per investor, because there will be other costs associated with wholesale distribution of the units,...it's not a cake walk, that why IMHO, it's really not a worthwhile venture, I'd like to do it, but I have to consider the others that want to invest with me, they're doing it for hope of some quick coin, but I'm a motorhead and I get drawn into, or start these "crazy" ideas to support my habit