Quote:

Quote:

Is there that big of a calling to do this, Eric

In my honest opinion ? No.
At least not cost effective enough to get a return on investment within a reasonable time frame.
You would have to sell approx 1/2 of them just to break even and I have my doubts that could be done within a reasonable time ( such as 1, to 2 years max )
Quote:

Bill/Eric, this is actually for me the second time I approached Fram on this "project"....from what the Fram Rep I talked to, and said, was pretty much on par with you Bill, 1000 minimum units @ approx $40-$50 each, so it leaves a small profit margin on the 332V (vintage) series for "consideration" of a production run, I sure Fram would ramp up a run of there own, even if it was run-off from set-up/qualifing, so i don't think you could have exclusive lot/batch control to prevent Fram from wholsale distribution, as they won't inventory an item with such a minute volume, as I'm sure they have standing/open orders from others waiting in line,...I asked about the CA332 replacment, it's basically the same as the vintage CA332V, but without the preforated metal gaurd around the perimeter, basically it was a Fram service replacement in the 80's-90's,...production consideration was 500 units minimum, @ the same $40-$50 price range, just a smaller volume purchase,....but I'm inclined to think that people want the CA332V series for correctness?....one advantage I have, should I consider the purchase is location, the production plant is just minutes away, saving me time/money on qualifing run approval, and shipping, as I can transport them,...but like I said eariler, it's going to take $40-50K+, possibly $75000?, depending on the production requiorement by Fram ...and the return is small and long term, even to take the "short buck" and wholesale the entire lot, the return would be chump change, IMHO, not worth it, unless you don't mind your cash tied up, or a dismall return for your effort

Mike