Quote:

Quote:

Why didn't the factory engineers put the Holley 750 DP on high performance engines. It was readily available at the time.

because it was more expensive????? I never said that MPG's wouldn't be better w/ a TQ, however if he has a DP now and it's running well. why muck w/ it? He'll have to BUY a TQ either pay somebody to set it up, or tune it himself and I doubt he'd get more tha 1 maybe 2 mpg's around town better.

Thats my guess ...bean counters thinking which Carb they could use that would work but be cheap...

its also what till recently(this my opinion and cant be changed ) had been the thing holding American cars down VS the imports...its not that American Workers could not make the same or better car as the foreign companies...its that the foreign companies used the 7 cent a washer/damper/NVH type damper made of RUBBER but the American companies said...we can use that 3 cent PLASTIC part...sure it will vibrate and rattle like hell after 5K miles...but it will work....Thats why the say Honda Civic was a bit MORE $$ and the Chevy Cavalier a bit less but the Civic FELT/SOUNDED/RODE/LASTED a TRILLION times better...they went the extra mile....

I think this has been going on for ever same with a less expensive carb VS a 750 Holley DP...