It seems that many of you are forgetting that you don't drive on the street at exactly ONE throttle position.

Given one throttle position and one engine load you can make any carb perform great.
Now, when you get into the on/off throttle application, hills, different engine loads due to added weight in the vehicle, and the billions of other real world situations the design of the TQ will be able to give you better economy than a Holley DP.
Think about that Holley for a second. Move the throttle and it opens primary and secondary bores with both accelerator pumps dumping fuel.
The TQ opens the primaries and if the draw is strong enough it will begin opening the secondaries and back off as the load is eased. The pump will shoot fuel but not to the degree of the Holley.

On a drag strip or race car the Holley will be hard to beat. The TQ could hold it's own but that would require an expert's touch.

When I was playing with carbs I could normally get the best performance (butt dyno) out of a Holley. However, once tuned to performance the Holley was way behind the AFB and TQ when it came to street manners.
Since my cars are street cars I did not run Holley carbs for long.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon