Quote:

So when I bought my Darts 2 years ago I got this 318 as a part of the deal. I never really thought anything of it but now I am just curious what I could put it in. But first, just for background information, this thing has been sitting outside, uncovered since I got it. It is supposedly an all stock 70 or 71 318 out of a Barracuda and only had about 30k miles on it and was running when pulled. Approximately how much would it cost to rebuild this on a budget (not necessarily looking for super high power)? What could/should I do with this? I was thinking of finding some lightweight car and putting it in there with an auto for a little cruiser or something. Ideas/Thoughts? Picture was taken in November and I don't have access to it because it is at my mechanics. Thank you!

That thing actually looks very clean for an original engine. It looks like a 30K engine. Outside for 2 years in a state that doesn't have rain... i bet it'd fire right up and run fine forever. If you have a car drop it in and go through it as you see fit. Down the road you can do the Magnum top-end swap with heads and an RPM, add a cam, headers, whatever.

I've thrown away a few good engines that weren't 'cool'... and now i wish i had one. The Challenger needs SOMETHING to move it for now, and i wouldn't scoff at a 318. It wont make the power a nice 383-4 would, but it'd still move my light stick car and get decent mileage.

If you're not going to use it right now, keep it around, but drag it inside and cover it. You never know when it may come in handy. Hard to find decent, early low-mile engines.