So I was having problems with Hedman headers on the car with the steering linkage rubbing on the tube. Also the ground clearance was becoming a issue with parking in gravel. I removed them and put manifolds back on. After running the exhaust pipe and almost slicing my thumb off (please wear gloves) I finished with a set of Flowmaster 40 series. I started it up and it sounded pretty good with a nice thumping. I pulled out of the garage and proceeded to drive down to the main road on post(Fort Lewis) causing numerous car alarms to be set off. Right before the stop sign i gave it just a little more pedal to get it up the incline and it went full wide-open throttle. I proceeded to stop it with full pressure on the brakes and it slowed down to a stop. I shut off the fuel pump and shut her down. I looked at the carb and the throttle cable popped out a little from the recess and was [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]-eyed. That caused pressure to be put on the cable so it didn't return. I ignored everything that told me not to continue. I started it back up and idle was good. I made a left at the stop sign and cruised down the road with no issues. I got to the stop light and made a right and gradually gave it a little pedal. Screeeching of the tires told me that wasn't a little. The car proceeded to go 60 in a 40mph zone and i proceeded to go back to infancy. I shut her down quickly and coasted to the next right turn. Same thing again, stuck cable. I corrected it just to get her back home and it happened again without so much drama before I was finally home again.
I disconnected the throttle cable and rummaged through some parts and resorted to a old style Chrysler clamp-on bracket for the cable. After some adjusting and double-checking I backed her out again and hoped I wasn't going to have a near-death experience.
Nope that wasn't in the plan according to this possessed car. It revved up to 2-3000 and I braked in preparation for it. It then slowed back down to a idle. Any ideas? I've had enough near-death for today and don't want to try it again without being sure.