Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
04/25/24 12:27 PM
I have been told to just buy bare heads and install my choice of valves which should disperse any valve issues. They are claiming no valve issues with the current valves in the heads now but I would feel better with a good known brand. I too heard something about Argentina but there is so much talk of old and new its hard to tell what is what on this. I would love to have trick flows but not in the budget. If I did go with bare heads and bought my own valves what brands would a guy recommend? Thinking I will call Promaxx and see what the valve PN are. Thanks for all the replies!

Ok, just got off the phone with them and spoke with Howard at Promaxx. He could not for some reason give me a part number for the valves. He said depending on the stock status the valves will be either a valve made for Ferrea or Race Engine Valves. They are a stainless steel valve and reports that they have zero issues with them. They come with 5 angle valve job. Each are supposed to be made at the same facility and are located in Argentina. Here is a link for the Promaxx heads: https://promaxxperformance.com/product/shocker-185-mopar-cnc/
5 352 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
04/25/24 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by Craig J
Originally Posted by AndyF
How much are you going to drive it? If you aren't going to drive it a ton then feed it some av gas or race gas. If you're planning to drive it a lot then you'll need to make a change. Do you have enough information to calculate what the compression ratio is?

I thought the eddy heads are 88 cc and that would be 11.1 : 1
But if they are actually 75 cc then it is more like 12.8 : 1

the '75' stamped in the head is not a great sign for me...

Which heads are they , the regular eddy heads , which I believe were 84cc , the head they made for step head pistons was 88 and only the newer e streets were 75 .

I got them installed on a 493 that was in a plymouth I bought (another train wreck...) They are at least 15 years old, so probably 84 cc.
21 1,897 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
04/25/24 11:27 AM
There's also the fact that the 1970's were the time of Sales Banks for Chrysler, where they built the cars before they had orders, then shipped them to dealers. My step-dad bought a '77 D200 Club-Cab long-box after the '78s came out, black over silver, black vinyl interior, 400, tilt/cruise, but NO a/c. That was a MISERABLE thing for 4 months a year, sitting in those sideways jump-seats, sweating like a pig, hauling a pickup camper so we couldn't even open up the sliding window to flow the air through. There were lots of people that didn't want the added up-front and maintenance costs.

I was running a municipal fleet when a/c became standard on Dodge trucks...in 2001. The rule-of-thumb at that time was when 85% of vehicles were ordered with something, you made it standard to reduce the number of different parts in the supply chain. I had three 2000 4x4 2500s with no a/c, and when the time came to order the 2001s, a/c was no longer optional.
15 923 Read More
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3