Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Moparts Question and Answer
Jump to new posts Re: Torque Spec for Bango Bolts by John_Kunkel @ 09/15/18 11:53 AM

moparx's advice isn't that far off, I have never had much luck using the factory torque spec. With brand new hoses, new gaskets and new Banjo bolts I usually have leaks when using the factory recommended torque; even tightening them to the point of s
Ebay / Craigslist / Racingjunk / WIW
Jump to new posts Re: Can't be too many 77 Pontiac Can Ams left by RUNCHARGER @ 09/15/18 11:52 AM

I kind of liked what they did there, that was a tough body style to make anything out of.
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
Jump to new posts Re: trany fluid by Transman @ 09/15/18 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By moparxas someone who has used dex3 in FWD transaxles for over 20+ years with absolutely NO problems, when +4 is supposedly the ONLY thing to use, what happens to 46,7, & 8RH/RE overdrives when type F is used ? [or dex3 for th
Gen III Hemi Tech
Jump to new posts Re: 6.1 45* oil filter adapter by Fishstix @ 09/15/18 11:45 AM

Sycboi, Thanks much. I figured that was the case. I have some great channel locks, but I will look at those alligator pliers since you had success with them. I wrapped a rag around the nipple, and gave it a half ass try just to see if it would move.
Moparts General
That really stinks, id be beyond upset. Have you checked with your local officials to see if you can doc. anything as to ownership since if its OB292495 thats part of your cars vin you can lay ownership to it if it turns out some JImmy Jack ends u
Jump to new posts Re: How to hook up this pressure switch mpl-808 by John_Kunkel @ 09/15/18 11:41 AM

Can't open your link but the 3 connectors are usually *Normally Open, *Normally Closed and *Common.
Gen III Hemi Tech
Jump to new posts Re: 6.1 45* oil filter adapter by sycboi @ 09/15/18 11:41 AM

The nipple the oil filter screws onto is just threaded into the block. It does have to come out to install the factory oil filter adapter. Whatever you use to take it out, vise grips or the like, make sure they are in good working order. That threade
Jump to new posts Re: trany fluid by moparx @ 09/15/18 11:39 AM

as someone who has used dex3 in FWD transaxles for over 20+ years with absolutely NO problems, when +4 is supposedly the ONLY thing to use, what happens to 46,7, & 8RH/RE overdrives when type F is used ? [or dex3 for that matter]
Jump to new posts Re: listed in parts by John_Kunkel @ 09/15/18 11:36 AM

In '56, the Red Ram was a poly 2-barrel, the Super Red Ram was a poly 4-barrel and the Hemi was a D500.
Jump to new posts Re: My Dyno fetish by moparx @ 09/15/18 11:31 AM

quickD, you going to try thermoquads on those rams ? how much can a guy learn about long rams from the shorty's ? i'll be watching close !
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone have a BB Isky Red Zone lifter not in the motor? by fast68plymouth @ 09/15/18 11:26 AM

Here is an update on what happened with the lifters from the start of this thread. We never really got an answer as to why the bushings failed so quickly. But, they did replace them with a different version that does have an oil band and edm feed ho
Jump to new posts Re: Torque Spec for Bango Bolts by Supercuda @ 09/15/18 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By moparxOriginally Posted By SupercudaEverything has a torque spec, it's in the FSM. Since you neglect to specify the application I looked up a 73 A body, 25 ft/lbs with a new gasket. you know that isn't correct ! it need
Jump to new posts Re: Moroso hood scoop by therocks @ 09/15/18 11:23 AM

Ill probally go look at it next week.Supposedly its like the same one I bought in 71 thats on now.Rocky
Jump to new posts Re: What's going on with my clutch? by John_Kunkel @ 09/15/18 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By SupercudaKunkel says a lot of things. No proof though. You can lead a horse to water but.............
Moparts General
Jump to new posts Re: Conversation starter, CVT transmissions by MarkM @ 09/15/18 11:17 AM

I had a Caliber for a number of years with a CVT. Only had it for a couple days when I tried to quickly cross three lanes of traffic on Metro Parkway. Shouldn't have been a problem normally, but the tires spun for a split second after jumping on it
Jump to new posts Re: trany fluid by pittsburghracer @ 09/15/18 11:13 AM

I ran type F for years then Walmart Dextron 3. It worked great but when I was fighting a powerglide issue last year I switched back to type F only because that dog gone Dextron 3 stunk right out of the bottle new. I never smelled new transmission flu
Moparts E Body
Jump to new posts Re: Cuda Challenger by JEJJ @ 09/15/18 11:08 AM

1970-4 hard top door/quarter window side inner and outer window sweep set new reproduction originally bought from Fritz First Place years ago. perfect complete set.........$125 ****FREE SHIPPING***** in the lower 48 states Thanks for the Ad Moparts
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody Like Wagons? Woodbridge, Va C/L by Morty426 @ 09/15/18 11:08 AM

Is that mud on the tires?
Jump to new posts Re: Camshaft for street 440 by shakerjoe @ 09/15/18 11:05 AM

This is the cam I picked for my 440...stockish rebuild, just freshened it up. Removed the solid Crower and valvetrain and 915 heads and headers. Back to stock HP manifolds and exhaust, a set of 906's I had, compression right at 9.5 on already .030 ov
Jump to new posts Re: Duster at Drag Week by AndyF @ 09/15/18 11:04 AM

Doesn't surprise me. Most cars like that go thru multiple combinations. I have to keep a photo album on my car so I can remember which set of parts I was running when. After a few years they just all blend together.
Jump to new posts Re: Can't be too many 77 Pontiac Can Ams left by Morty426 @ 09/15/18 11:02 AM

Originally Posted By Spaceman SpiffOriginally Posted By fk5hemiAre these the Smokey and the Bandit cop cars? No. those just had scoops bolted to the hood. and were 4 doors
Jump to new posts Re: Torque Spec for Bango Bolts by RapidRobert @ 09/15/18 11:00 AM

The weekend is here!
Quote: On a positive note, here’s what I’ve done with a piece of 1”x 1/16” aluminum bar stock. I’ll add a high-density foam rubber garage door seal lip underneath to seal the gap and rivet it on to some hand shaped L brackets. So goes hot
Gen III Hemi Tech
Jump to new posts 6.1 45* oil filter adapter by Fishstix @ 09/15/18 10:54 AM

Anyone here don’t this? Trying to not hurt anything. The original mount has a threaded tube that the oil filter screws on, it that just threaded into the block? The 5.7 and 6.4 have a hex head I believe. Figured I would see if anyone here has don
Jump to new posts Re: Ballast Resister by RapidRobert @ 09/15/18 10:50 AM

for an electronic ign conversion from points you could pirate what you need from a yard: dist/ECU & pentastar connector plug in/pigtail & the ballast & if it is an (OE) 5 pin ECU (& likely it is) it will need the 4 terminal (dual) bal
Page 74 of 106 < 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 105 106 >
Advertisement
Forum Stats
25,485 Registered Members
32 Forums
192,951 Topics
2,252,255 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,424 @ 06/20/18 07:18 PM
Moparts Newest Topics
That's not like me, then it's exactly like me!
by feets
09/19/18 10:07 PM
10 inch clutch disc? wouldn't it be the same 318 or slant 6?
by Caseywheels
09/19/18 10:02 PM
Corner weights
by Dbl"00"Joe
09/19/18 09:32 PM
Summit Website
by elmor353
09/19/18 09:21 PM