A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
Hey Oz,
Glad you like it, I will send you an offical copy. Rick will be getting one as well for helping me out with his great cover photo.

Barry

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. [Re: OzHemi] #10439
04/28/04 02:02 AM
04/28/04 02:02 AM
Here
DirectSubjection Offline
Tacohead. The First and Only
DirectSubjection  Offline

Here
Quote:

nothing else to contribute here,so I will be quiet

The seventh sign!!!

Ride eternal, shiny and chrome
Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. [Re: DirectSubjection] #10440
04/28/04 02:12 AM
04/28/04 02:12 AM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
Quote:

Quote:

nothing else to contribute here,so I will be quiet

The seventh sign!!!

I wondered about that myself! Maybe Jeff did not cook his penguin long enough and got salmonella poisoning?

Get better soon Jeff!

Barry

PS - Patiently waiting for a Primered Chicken recipe.......

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. [Re: Alaskan_TA] #10441
04/28/04 02:36 AM
04/28/04 02:36 AM
Melbourne.....Oz-land
Moparmal Offline
master
Moparmal  Offline
master

Melbourne.....Oz-land
Avocado pasta:

Saute (lightly fry) 1 Onion & 1-2 Cloves of Garlic finely chopped till golden

add 1/2 tin of Carnation Milk

add 1 skinned and chopped Avocado, and 25 grams (1Tbspoon) of Pine Nut Kernels, stir and keep warm. DO NOT BOIL!!

Meanwhile, cook up enough Fettucini for two.

Mix Avocado broth with fettucini in warm mixing bowl.

Add Parsley, Salt and cracked Pepper to taste.

Once served in bowls (sauce is pretty runny) add heaps of Parmesan or Romano
cheese

serve with toasted garlic bread and a cold beer.

67 RO23 clone with 6.1 SRT Hemi and dual quads. Soon to have Drag Pak induction and Throttle body.
Post deleted by moparts [Re: Moparmal] #10442
04/28/04 03:22 AM
04/28/04 03:22 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. #10443
04/28/04 04:34 AM
04/28/04 04:34 AM
L.I. N.Y. Hemi Street
HemiGreg Offline
master
HemiGreg  Offline
master

L.I. N.Y. Hemi Street
cut large Kielbasa in half ,straighten out and surround with sour krout roll in heave alum foil and seal ends real well leaving only a pin hole in one end lay on exhaust manifolds and tie wrap with wire if its too thin to lean against inner fender wells. drive to races while smelling the aroma of it cooking all the way there. watch the face of the guy in the toll booth as you slowly pass through and they lick their lips.
At E town its ready to eat with some
done it many times always cooks perfect buy you must use a 70 Imperial 440 cooker.

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. [Re: HemiGreg] #10444
04/28/04 06:47 AM
04/28/04 06:47 AM
in a chair
mopartony Offline
master
mopartony  Offline
master

in a chair
This is a Somewhat mexican dish but....

boneless chicken breast amount varies on how many you are cooking for.

Ok you need one box of Augratin or 3 cheese potatoes,
once they are half way done(40min to cook) put your chicken in the over with the taters(seperate dish)

You can marinate the chix, either in a hot sauce or BBQ sauce. I use a mix of Buffalo hot wing sauce and Open Pit BBQ sauce. Cook them in the left over sauce too.

Once the chicken is about 5 min from being done pull it out and put some cheese on it.

Once that stuff is in the over you need to start the cold prep. You will need 12" or bigger flour tortia, shreded cheese, sour cream and any sort of pico type garnish you want it any.

Once the taters and chix are done, slice the chicken into strips, lay some lettuce on the tort, then the chicken strips, some cheese, a scoop of taters, some sour creem and then roll it and eat it.

It is very good.

the chicken can be marinated in anything you want I found the above and a fajita marinade works best.

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. [Re: mopartony] #10445
04/28/04 06:54 AM
04/28/04 06:54 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

After I get home from School today I will contribute an awsome recipe for Carrot Cake.. mmmm!

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. #10446
04/28/04 07:19 AM
04/28/04 07:19 AM
Brookline NH
Tesla_HV Offline
I Live Here
Tesla_HV  Offline
I Live Here

Brookline NH
Las Cruces Style Enchiladas

In southern New Mexico where my mother's family grew up, the enchiladas are traditionally served pancake style.
This dish takes out most of the fat and calories without sacrificing the flavor.

Serving size: 6 tortillas

Ingredients

12-14 Dried Red Guajillo Chilies (N.M. Red, Mulato, California, or Ancho Chilies will also do).
4 Tbsp. Flour
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Oregano
3/4 Tbsp. Salt (to taste)
6 cups water
4 corn tortillas
Non-stick spray
1 oz. 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Instructions

This recipe will make enough enchilada sauce for several servings. Use the leftover for additional servings or
save for later since the sauce freezes and reheats well. The sauce is best cooked using a large cast-iron skillet,
but make do with what you have.

De-stem the chilies and remove the seeds. Put the chilies in a pot with 4 cups of the water. Boil at medium heat
for 20 minutes. Afterwards, let the chili and water mixture cool. Do not throw away the water in the pot. I
fast cool the mixture by immersing the bottom of the pot in cool water. This lessens the danger associated with
pureeing the hot liquid in a blender. After cool, put the chili and water in a blender and puree to a fine
consistency. Set mixture aside.

Preheat a large cast iron skillet to medium heat. Brown the flour dry directly on the skillet surface. Take care
not to let the flour burn by regularly scraping the bottom layer from the skillet surface. Brown the flour until
a medium tan color is reached.

Pour the chili mixture from the blender to the browned flour. Be careful for splattering hot chili sauce as the
fluid hits the skillet surface. Use a large wooden spoon or large spatula to thoroughly mix the flour into the
chili sauce. As chili sauce begins to thicken, pour the remaining 2 cups of water to thin. The mixture should
have a medium consistency when done (i.e., not too thick or not too thin).

Add garlic, cumin, and oregano. Add salt to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes.

Prepare another shallow pan to toast the corn tortillas. Preheat the pan to med-low heat. Spray both tortillas
sides with non-stick spray. Toast each side for about 10 seconds or until soft and supple. Too much heat will
cause the tortillas to get hard. After toasting (only one at a time), transfer the tortilla to immerse in the
chili sauce. Immerse for about 20 seconds, then drain slightly and transfer to lie flat on a plate. Sprinkle a
small amount of the grated cheese on top of the coated tortillas. Follow by toasting and then coating the next
tortilla. Transfer it to lay flat on the plate on top of the previous tortilla and add cheese. This way, as you
add layers, you will end up with a pancake-style layering of the tortillas.

When finished layering, serve hot with a side of salad. While enjoying this fine dish, say a thanks to my late
grandmother Romanita.

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. [Re: Tesla_HV] #10447
04/28/04 11:23 AM
04/28/04 11:23 AM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
Banana pancakes:

Use your favorite pancake mix or scratch reipe. Drop it in the pan as usual, then right before you're ready to flip the pancake add thin sliced bananas ....then flip as usual. When they come out of the pan, flip them again....you can't see the bananas so it's sort of a surprise. Drench in maple syrup for a serious sugar buzz...

Pot Roast:
Get a really big frickin' Chuck Roast. Like 5-8 lbs or more if you can find it....bigger is better. Get a really big and deep frickin' frying pan..preferably a well-used cast iron one. Crank the heat, throw the meat in and sear it. Make some smoke. Sear both sides and around the edges with a meat fork until it's nice and brown on the outside. remove from heat.

Take potatoes/carrots/celery/onions and put them in the pan. Leave the pieces as big as possible or put them in whole...especially for the potatoes and onions. Leave the peels on the potatoes at all cost.

Put the vegetables in the pan with the meat, and add water until it runs about halfway up the pan. Cover it, put it back on the burner and set the heat to just above simmering. Keep an eye on it for awhile...never let it come to a strong boil, and never let the water run out (add more when needed).

Cook it all frickin' day, or until the meat falls apart...whichever comes first.

Salt and pepper to taste. Garlic optional at any stage.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. [Re: ZIPPY] #10448
04/28/04 11:30 AM
04/28/04 11:30 AM
Here
DirectSubjection Offline
DirectSubjection  Offline

Here
I'll add this one:

Sugared Asparagus

3 TBS butter or margarine
2 TBS brown sugar
2 pounds fresh asparagus cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
1 cup chicken broth

In skillet over medium-high, heat butter and brown sugar until sugar is disolved. Add asparagus; saute for 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove asparagus to a serving dish and keep warm. Cook sauce, uncovered, until reduced by half. Pour over asparagus and serve immediately. (4-6 servings)

Ride eternal, shiny and chrome
Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. [Re: ZIPPY] #10449
04/28/04 11:49 AM
04/28/04 11:49 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Darn, I'm ummmmm hungry.

Okay, today I will submit another German recipe from my grandmothers hand written cook book.

Himmel und Erde
"Heaven and Earth"

This dish involves apples (that's the heavenly part) and hot mashed potatoes (the earthly part). It's almost like having dessert.

1 1/3 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
3 apples, peeled and quartered
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon venegar
1/4 pound bacon, diced
2 onions sliced

Bring water and salt to a boil in a stockpot.
Add potatoes and boil until tender (test with a toothpick of prongs of a fork)

Add apples and return to a boil and cook until tender.
Season with salt, sugar, and vinegar.

Fry the bacon and onion slices until brown. Pour over the potatoes and apples and serve.

Now I'll give you great grandma's fruit punch recipe. Great grandma was quite the character. I remember that she was quite wise but that I never wanted to kiss her much. My mom was always telling me to give great gramma' a kiss and I cringed at the idea. Dunno why... maybe because she was sold old with that thick accent.. maybe because she was so thin and wrinkly? I dunno but her punch (now that I'm old enough to enjoy it) will sit right well with you all through the day or night. Make this for a family gathering or a party.

Fruit Punch
Bowle

6 ripe, peeled peaches or 8 unpeeled apricots, OR 1 sliced pineapple or 1 quart of strawberries
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup dry sherry
4 bottles of dry white wine

Slice the fruit you selected and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle the fruit with the powdered sugar. Pour the sherry over the fruit, cover and let stand for at least 4 hours. Add the wine and stir. Serve cold.

Can you say three sheets to the wind? I know that you can......

Next I'll submit my killer Warm German potato salad with lots of yummy crumbled bacon. It's divine and I wish I had some right..... NOW.

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. [Re: DirectSubjection] #10450
04/28/04 11:58 AM
04/28/04 11:58 AM
Duncan, BC... or Lakehead, Ca.
440Dave Offline
super stock
440Dave  Offline
super stock

Duncan, BC... or Lakehead, Ca.
Here's one of my favourites. Make sure you have a fresh battery in your smoke detector so you know when things are done.

Bachelor Tuna/hamburger whatzit-
1 can tuna or 1 pack hamburger(you can use balogna, shrimp, catfood, gummi bears, leftover bait,be creative)
1 can mushroom soup
Any leftover potato chips, doritos, bugles, etc.
some sour cream is a nice touch, but not necessary
Some grated cheese, spray-on cheese is good too.

Mix all ingredients together in a used chinese food carton. These can usually be found behind the garbage can and have often already been licked clean by the dog. Spray or sprinkle cheese on top, followed by crumbled potato chips. Microwave on max for 5 min, 10 min if the hamburger is raw. Douse liberally with ketchup and enjoy! Can be eaten with fork, chopsticks, or snap-ring pliers. Don't forget to remove metal handle from carton to avoid lightning storms in the microwave. A hearty and tasty breakfast, it goes okay with beer, but is best served with a tall mug of chilled weiner water.

I also know how to make a whole oven full of popcorn, and I can cook bacon on a fork with a bic lighter while driving. Some of my other inventions are cream of balogna soup and one I call 'the corked bat', a custard and grape jelly filled corndog on a stick. I gotta go make some breakfast....

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. [Re: DirectSubjection] #10451
04/28/04 12:13 PM
04/28/04 12:13 PM
The Wet Coast, Canada
megajoltman Offline
master
megajoltman  Offline
master

The Wet Coast, Canada
Grab some nice pork chops (Smoked are nice)

Wet chops (both sides) slightly with your fav white wine or cooking wine.
generously sprinkle on both sides Paprika, dill, mint, little bit of ground pepper, salt, fresh garlic and then parsley
In a oven safe dish pour in more wine to just covering the bottom, place chops in there, then place in a preheated oven (350) for 40 min or till no longer pink in the middle (everyone oven temp heat is different)

1969 Dart 383/727/D60

CTD Ram 4x4 Mega Cab

Procharged 350Z
Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. [Re: megajoltman] #10452
04/28/04 12:48 PM
04/28/04 12:48 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I'm looking for a really juicy chicken recipe that's different . Does anyone else have any good unique chicken dishes?

I have an easy slow cooker recipe that's basic but good.

"Easy slow cooked chicken"

Just take as many boneless chicken breast as you want to prepare and rub them with salt and pepper and place them in a slow cooker (crockpot) and cover with open pit sauce or what other barbeque sauce you prefer and slow cook all day long making sure that the bottom doesn't burn. (Stir occassionally).

Depending on how long you cook the chicken you could have juicy chicken or pull apart chicken which you could turn into barbeque chicken sandwiches on grilled keiser rolls or buns. Add cheese for a tangy zip and lettus and tomato if you so desire. Serve with mustard potato salad or barbeque beans and a cold soda.

Oh here's one of my favorite easy appetizer foods that's a hit at every party I've brought it to:

"Catcher on the rye"
Yes, I named this recipe myself.

1 (one) loaf of rye coctail bread (the little bread slices)
1 pound of hot italian sausage cooked/crumbled and drained.
1 jar of Kraft Cheese wiz.

Arrange bread slices on a cookie sheet and spread each slice of bread with some of the cheese. You don't have to cover each slice completely (just enough to have a nice amount).

Next with a spoon sprinkle some of your cooked crumbled sausage on each pieace of the bread.

Bake in a pre-heated 400 to 425 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes.

Place on a plate and serve warm.

VERY delicious and the rye bread gets toasted, the cheese cooks onto the bread with the sizzling sausage on top. Since it's baked these two to three bite snakes have a little crunch to it on the sides.

YUM!

Ethnic, but not sure which kind. Maybe redneck. #10453
04/28/04 02:05 PM
04/28/04 02:05 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

TAMALE PIE

-Pour a family size can of your favorite chili into a large, buttered pyrex 8"x10".
-Then mix up two boxes of Jiffy cornbread and pour over the top evenly.
-Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 25-30 minutes. Keep an eye on the color and toothpick the cornbread before removing from oven to ensure it's cooked.

It's simple, easy and if you are in a rural area, you can recirculate your intestinal toxic waste to power a small generator!

Be sure to wash this down with milk to avoid a night on the couch with the dog.

DG, you crack me up.

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. #10454
04/28/04 03:05 PM
04/28/04 03:05 PM
We don't make mistakes...
67500vert Offline
mopar
67500vert  Offline
mopar

We don't make mistakes...
This is a great, super easy, tortilla chip dip. It is generally called "Hot Dip", but it has come to be called puke dip for a reason which becomes obvious when it is done.

You will need: a 1:1:1 ratio of cream cheese, hot breakfast sausage (in the plastic tube, like Jimmy Dean) and hot chunky salsa. You can determine the sizes, but the ratio remains the same; I use 16 ounces of each ingredient.

Soften the cream cheese. Slice open the sausage tube and squash the sausage out in a frying pan. Cook it, and as you do, keep hacking it up with a wooden spoon. Your goal is fully cooked little sausage crumbs. Drain off the grease and dump the sausage on the cream cheese. Pour the salsa in a strainer and get rid of most of the liquid. Dump the drained salsa in with the other 2 ingredients. Mix, mix, mix. keep going. you need to make sure it is fully blended.

here's is where you see the reason for the name. the dip will look for all the world like a big bowl of chunder. puke, vomit, technicolor yawn. you name it, it looks like a bowl of barf. but my oh my is it tasty.

This can easily be personalized, and i rarely make it the same way twice. I have added jalapeno slices, diced habaneros, chopped garlic, lime juice, jerk spice. name it, it can be added to this basic dip.

serve it hot with tortilla chips. this dip carries my personal guarantee, if you don't love it and your friends don't beg you to make it, i'll, i'll, i don't know, i'll do something.

67 Coronet 500 Convertible Nemo me impune lacessit
Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. [Re: 67500vert] #10455
04/28/04 03:11 PM
04/28/04 03:11 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

The ingredients of that dip sound awesome but... but... could you not have told us it looks like puke/vomit?

I don't know if I want to make it now.

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. #10456
04/28/04 03:30 PM
04/28/04 03:30 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

From Moparts member 'megajoltman'

maple baked chicken breasts EH!

Ingredients
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
1 pound uncooked chicken breast, boneless and skinless, four 4-oz pieces
1 serving cooking spray
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp Sage, ground
1 medium onion(s), thinly sliced
3/4 cup fat-free chicken broth

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
2. Stir together flour, salt and pepper. Dust chicken with flour mixture, patting off excess.
3. Coat a large nonstick, ovenproof frying pan with cooking spray. Add chicken and brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
4. Stir together maple syrup, thyme and sage and pour over chicken. Lay onions over chicken and then pour chicken broth over all. Cover and bake 1 hour, basting occasionally with pan sauce. Yields 1 chicken breast and about 3 tablespoons of sauce per serving.

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. #10457
04/28/04 03:41 PM
04/28/04 03:41 PM
enfield, CT
ViperDave Offline
master
ViperDave  Offline
master

enfield, CT
Veal divine

Veal (amount doesnt matter)
Thinly cut deli ham (a piece for each piece of veal)
Cream of mushroom (3-4 cans usually)
Various spices

Bread veal cutlets as you normally would to your normal taste, cook partially in a pan lightly oil, soul seasoning (salt mix) a clove or garlic and a pinch of onion powder. Then in a crock pot place a piece of veal covered in a piece of thinnly sliced deli ham, and stack them up, proceed to cover in cream of mushroom (or chicken) soup (usually a few cans). Cook for atleast 4 hours, although i shoot for 12. Enjoy, it looks nasty but tastes good

Edit: serve with mashed potatos

Last edited by ViperDave; 04/28/04 03:45 PM.

67 Dart GT Vert 273/904
72 Town & Country 440/727
90 D350 reg cab dually cummins
15 Scat Pack Challenger
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4