Moparts

Moparts Great American/International Recipe Thread

Posted By: Anonymous

Moparts Great American/International Recipe Thread - 04/28/04 02:03 AM

Grab your bowls, ladles, measuring cups, and spices. Grab those pots, pans and skillets (no hitting your wives or husbands with them either)

It's time for the great Moparts recipe exhange thread.

Many of us will be hooking up together at various car shows, cookouts, and parties this summer/fall. Wouldn't it be nice to show up with something homemade and edible instead of that past due date potato salad you always try to pawn off on everyone from the quickie mart?

Here's how it works:

List what catergory your recipe would fall under.

Example:

Fish and poultry dishes.
Apetizers.
Beef dishes.
Ethnic foods. Mexican, Italian, German, Greek, etc. etc.
Baked goods ie. Breads, pie crust etc.
Cookies/cakes/pies/deserts.

Coctails (anyone have a good drink recipe?) I sure hope so.....

This way the reader of the thread that is looking for something in particular will have a general idea of what post to read at that time.

Be sure to list what items the reader will have to purchase to make this recipe ahead of time and to be as exact as you can in how much of each item the recipe calls for to use.

This is the wrong way:

"I use garlic in this recipe"

The right way:

1/2 clove of garlic.

This way we know how much to use to achieve the same end result that your family does when they enjoy your recipe.

This would also be a great way to get your wives or significant others involved in Moparts by giving them a little something to participate in if cars are not their thing.

I'll start off with a recipe that has been used in my family for generations.

Ethnic/German/

"Sauerbraten"

Chefs notes:

Because cooked Sauerbraten improves with age, this whole dish can be preparred a day ahead and re-heated and you can even make it into sandwiches if you so desire. Sauerbraten gets it's tenderness and sour flavor from being soaked in a water/wine mixture for 1 to 7 days. If you soak it longer than that...... it will be more tender and even more sour.

My grandmother always served this with cabbage (red cabbage to be exact) and homemade potato pancakes or dumplings. However, I like to serve Spatzle and cabbage with this dish.

Sauerbraten

Marinade:
3 cloves garlic (cut each clove in half)
1 1/2 cups of water
1 1/2 cups of dry red wine
1 medium to large size onion, peeled and diced into smaller pieces.
2 bay leaves
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon of peppercorns.

The Roast:
1 three to four pound pot roast
2 carrots (chopped up)
1 medium size onion with 3 cloves stuck inside it.

The Gravy:

1 teaspoon of bullion granules
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 teaspoon of ginger
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons of instant flour (some people call it gravy flour)
1 cup of sour cream. (Grandma used 1/2 cup but I prefer a whole cup)

Let's start cooking!

In a medium sized pan, heat the water and wine on medium to low heat. Add your garlic, onion, bay leaves, peppercorns and sugar. Heat until sugar is disolved but DO NOT BOIL.

Roast:
Put your pot roast in a glass dish or crocery pot. Add just enough of your marinade to go halfway up the side of your roast. Keep the rest of your marinade for cooking later on. Cover the dish/pot (I use a slow cooker pot with glass lid that can go straight in the fridge) and refrigerate. Turn your roast over in the morning and then again at night for 5 days (longer if you want it more sour and tender)

Put the roast and marinade in slow cooker and then cover it with the remaining marinade and add your carrots, celerty and onion. Cook at 290 for 6 to 8 hours or until really tender. Make sure to simmer it and NOT to let it boil.

Gravy:
Okay, take out the roast and your veggies from the pot and skim off the fat. Put 2 cups of the sauce from the slow cooker pot into a saucepan and add your bouillon, wine, ginger and salt. Bring that to a boil (finally it's okay to boil ) Slowly sift in your instant flour making sure to stir constantly. Boil for 1 minute then turn down the heat and keep the sauce warm. Slice your roast and put it on a warm plate.

Quarter your onion and arrange it with the carrot and celery around your roast.

Pour 1/2 cup of your gravy over the roast then put your 1/2 or 1 cup of sour cream in the rest of the gravy. Stir it well and serve with your roast.

This meal is great when you serve it with a red wine.

Enjoy!

Now, lets see your prized recipes. I'm anxious to try them in my own kitchen.

Once you've tried someone's recipe RATE it on a scale of 1 to 5 for taste.

Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 02:24 AM

DG, you're just plain nuts. That being said, let me add that I like some kinds of crazy. Here's my favorite recipe. It's easy, tasty and FUN (see attachment).

Beer Can Chicken:

Start with a 3 to 5 pound whole chicken. After rinsing the chicken inside and out and removing excess fat, dry it with paper towels.

Mix equal parts of salt, brown sugar, and paprika with a little black pepper. This is the rub.

Put a teaspoon or two of the rub inside the chicken and a teaspoon in the neck cavity. Drizzle some oil over the outside of the bird and rub 1 to 2 tablespoons of rub over the outside.

Drink about half the beer out of the can, and punch a couple of extra holes in it. Then put about 2 teaspoons of rub inside the can. (It will foam up)

Insert the bird onto the beer can and spread the legs to form a tri-pod and the bird should sit there ready for the barbeque grill.

A 3 to 5 pound bird should take about 1 1/2 hours or so. Be careful when removing it from the grill because the beer inside the can will be VERY HOT!!

Attached picture 861877-Beer can Chicken.jpg

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 02:43 AM

Welp, that's one interesting chicken you got there.

I don't do much grilling but I'll tell the hubby about that one and maybe he'll try it. Sounds good. Paprika is one of my favorite spices and it sure is spicy.

Now I'm thinking about pot roast and recall an interesting one that involves using coca cola. In fact, it's called Coca Cola pot roast.

It's quick and easy and the cola marinates it perfectly. I'll pass that one along later.

Now where are all the rest of you that replied that you thought a recipe exchange thread was a good idea? Hmmmmmmm?
Posted By: TheBlueBeast

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 02:59 AM

Well DG I am gonna admit to it I do almost all of the cooking here,but I follow no recipies at all. Everything I make I make a bit differant everytime so I can not participate. But I do have one dessert that may qyualify;
BetterThan $*X pie
You get a 13x9 pan
A box of Grham Crackers
2 large boxes of chocolate pudding
and a large container of Cool Whip

Make up pudding according to directions
layer grham crackers in bottom of pan cover with pudding. Repeat three times then cover last layer of pudding with Cool Whip and sprinkle Cinnamin sugar mixtuer over topping and add crushed nuts for decoration.
Kevin
Posted By: kevin69bman

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 03:10 AM

I have done the beer chicken and its great
Posted By: mike_vango

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 03:10 AM

might sound weird but try it.
mike vangos not so famous chicken(easy)
mix 12 oz. diet cola and 1 cup of ketchup in a pot.add about 6 pieces boneless breast. simmer on med heat for 15 min with the lid on.remove lid and continue till done about 35-40 minutes.sauce will thicken and chicken will be tender and juicy.
its low fat too!
Posted By: Dean_Kuzluzski

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 03:29 AM

Anyone got a good Green chile or salsa recipe? Not talkin' a Tex-Mex red chile either.
Posted By: MidPenMopar

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 03:37 AM

I am not kidding this is one heck of a great recipe for ginger chicken.

1 bottle Teriyaki sauce (size of bottle depends on how many pieces of chicken being cooked. You want all the meat to be covered)
1 bunch cut green onions
1 large can pineapple chunks with juice
1 bunch chopped garlic
1 bunch chopped ginger root

Let this all sit over night in a refrigerator and then add it to your chicken.
Then let it set another night in the refrigerator before BBQing. Really tastes great!
Stu
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 04:45 AM

Great idea! Penguin pork & Beans..........

Attached picture 862166-Penguin-beans.JPG

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 04:58 AM

Oven fried penguin.....

Attached picture 862181-RIM00046.JPG

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 05:02 AM

I call this meal "Pink stars and Purple moons"

1/2 gallon of milk

one large bowl

one 24oz box of Lucky Charms cereal

oh, almost forgot.....one spoon

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 05:03 AM

Penguin Jerky.........

Attached picture 862188-RIM00049.JPG

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 05:08 AM

My personal favorite, penguin breast............

Attached picture 862195-RIM00051.JPG

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 05:13 AM

Where would one even purchase a penguin to make such recipes?

Besides.... they're too cute to eat.

Give us a good recipe where one can buy the ingredients at your local grocery store Barry.
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 05:17 AM

Quote:

Where would one even purchase a penguin to make such recipes?:

You should just hunt 'em. Late on a Friday night after too many beers I see them everywhere.
Posted By: NAS Backyard

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 05:18 AM

Salsa: 4 tomatos,1 small red onion or a 1/4 of a big one,2-4 cloves of garlic, 1/4 to 1/2 cup of cilantro (chinese parsley)4-8 cerrano or jalapeno peppers, little salt and a couple of squezzes of lime juice. Use a salsa chopper or dice it all by hand. Adjust it to the way you like it.

Attached picture 862202-IM000766.JPG

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 05:19 AM

A Moparts introduction to Penguin Recipes and a disclaimer from my personal recipe book.

Got Penguin?

Barry

Attached picture 862206-RIM00054.JPG

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 05:28 AM

Quote:

Where would one even purchase a penguin to make such recipes?

Besides.... they're too cute to eat.

Give us a good recipe where one can buy the ingredients at your local grocery store Barry.

I realize that not everyone has access to fresh penguin, I should have started with the history / disclaimer 1st I guess? Hopefully it will clear these issues up. I STILL cannot believe that my recipes were bid on, I got $10.50 via ebay for the penguin recipe auction I posted a month or so ago.

T/Ake me to the kitchen......

Barry

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 05:32 AM

Russian advertisement for Penguin Ice Cream. Not a recipe, but cool just the same.

Barry

Attached picture 862215-ice cream.jpg
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 05:46 AM

Quote:

A Moparts introduction to Penguin Recipes and a disclaimer from my personal recipe book.

Got Penguin?

Barry

That is great Barry, I had never seen it before !

(Sorry DG, nothing else to contribute here,so I will be quiet )

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 05:58 AM

Hey Oz,
Glad you like it, I will send you an offical copy. Rick will be getting one as well for helping me out with his great cover photo.

Barry

Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 06:02 AM

Quote:

nothing else to contribute here,so I will be quiet

The seventh sign!!!

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 06:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

nothing else to contribute here,so I will be quiet

The seventh sign!!!

I wondered about that myself! Maybe Jeff did not cook his penguin long enough and got salmonella poisoning?

Get better soon Jeff!

Barry

PS - Patiently waiting for a Primered Chicken recipe.......
Posted By: Moparmal

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 06:36 AM

Avocado pasta:

Saute (lightly fry) 1 Onion & 1-2 Cloves of Garlic finely chopped till golden

add 1/2 tin of Carnation Milk

add 1 skinned and chopped Avocado, and 25 grams (1Tbspoon) of Pine Nut Kernels, stir and keep warm. DO NOT BOIL!!

Meanwhile, cook up enough Fettucini for two.

Mix Avocado broth with fettucini in warm mixing bowl.

Add Parsley, Salt and cracked Pepper to taste.

Once served in bowls (sauce is pretty runny) add heaps of Parmesan or Romano
cheese

serve with toasted garlic bread and a cold beer.

Post deleted by moparts - 04/28/04 07:22 AM

Posted By: HemiGreg

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 08:34 AM

cut large Kielbasa in half ,straighten out and surround with sour krout roll in heave alum foil and seal ends real well leaving only a pin hole in one end lay on exhaust manifolds and tie wrap with wire if its too thin to lean against inner fender wells. drive to races while smelling the aroma of it cooking all the way there. watch the face of the guy in the toll booth as you slowly pass through and they lick their lips.
At E town its ready to eat with some
done it many times always cooks perfect buy you must use a 70 Imperial 440 cooker.
Posted By: mopartony

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 10:47 AM

This is a Somewhat mexican dish but....

boneless chicken breast amount varies on how many you are cooking for.

Ok you need one box of Augratin or 3 cheese potatoes,
once they are half way done(40min to cook) put your chicken in the over with the taters(seperate dish)

You can marinate the chix, either in a hot sauce or BBQ sauce. I use a mix of Buffalo hot wing sauce and Open Pit BBQ sauce. Cook them in the left over sauce too.

Once the chicken is about 5 min from being done pull it out and put some cheese on it.

Once that stuff is in the over you need to start the cold prep. You will need 12" or bigger flour tortia, shreded cheese, sour cream and any sort of pico type garnish you want it any.

Once the taters and chix are done, slice the chicken into strips, lay some lettuce on the tort, then the chicken strips, some cheese, a scoop of taters, some sour creem and then roll it and eat it.

It is very good.

the chicken can be marinated in anything you want I found the above and a fajita marinade works best.

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 10:54 AM

After I get home from School today I will contribute an awsome recipe for Carrot Cake.. mmmm!
Posted By: Tesla_HV

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 11:19 AM

Las Cruces Style Enchiladas

In southern New Mexico where my mother's family grew up, the enchiladas are traditionally served pancake style.
This dish takes out most of the fat and calories without sacrificing the flavor.

Serving size: 6 tortillas

Ingredients

12-14 Dried Red Guajillo Chilies (N.M. Red, Mulato, California, or Ancho Chilies will also do).
4 Tbsp. Flour
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Oregano
3/4 Tbsp. Salt (to taste)
6 cups water
4 corn tortillas
Non-stick spray
1 oz. 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Instructions

This recipe will make enough enchilada sauce for several servings. Use the leftover for additional servings or
save for later since the sauce freezes and reheats well. The sauce is best cooked using a large cast-iron skillet,
but make do with what you have.

De-stem the chilies and remove the seeds. Put the chilies in a pot with 4 cups of the water. Boil at medium heat
for 20 minutes. Afterwards, let the chili and water mixture cool. Do not throw away the water in the pot. I
fast cool the mixture by immersing the bottom of the pot in cool water. This lessens the danger associated with
pureeing the hot liquid in a blender. After cool, put the chili and water in a blender and puree to a fine
consistency. Set mixture aside.

Preheat a large cast iron skillet to medium heat. Brown the flour dry directly on the skillet surface. Take care
not to let the flour burn by regularly scraping the bottom layer from the skillet surface. Brown the flour until
a medium tan color is reached.

Pour the chili mixture from the blender to the browned flour. Be careful for splattering hot chili sauce as the
fluid hits the skillet surface. Use a large wooden spoon or large spatula to thoroughly mix the flour into the
chili sauce. As chili sauce begins to thicken, pour the remaining 2 cups of water to thin. The mixture should
have a medium consistency when done (i.e., not too thick or not too thin).

Add garlic, cumin, and oregano. Add salt to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes.

Prepare another shallow pan to toast the corn tortillas. Preheat the pan to med-low heat. Spray both tortillas
sides with non-stick spray. Toast each side for about 10 seconds or until soft and supple. Too much heat will
cause the tortillas to get hard. After toasting (only one at a time), transfer the tortilla to immerse in the
chili sauce. Immerse for about 20 seconds, then drain slightly and transfer to lie flat on a plate. Sprinkle a
small amount of the grated cheese on top of the coated tortillas. Follow by toasting and then coating the next
tortilla. Transfer it to lay flat on the plate on top of the previous tortilla and add cheese. This way, as you
add layers, you will end up with a pancake-style layering of the tortillas.

When finished layering, serve hot with a side of salad. While enjoying this fine dish, say a thanks to my late
grandmother Romanita.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 03:23 PM

Banana pancakes:

Use your favorite pancake mix or scratch reipe. Drop it in the pan as usual, then right before you're ready to flip the pancake add thin sliced bananas ....then flip as usual. When they come out of the pan, flip them again....you can't see the bananas so it's sort of a surprise. Drench in maple syrup for a serious sugar buzz...

Pot Roast:
Get a really big frickin' Chuck Roast. Like 5-8 lbs or more if you can find it....bigger is better. Get a really big and deep frickin' frying pan..preferably a well-used cast iron one. Crank the heat, throw the meat in and sear it. Make some smoke. Sear both sides and around the edges with a meat fork until it's nice and brown on the outside. remove from heat.

Take potatoes/carrots/celery/onions and put them in the pan. Leave the pieces as big as possible or put them in whole...especially for the potatoes and onions. Leave the peels on the potatoes at all cost.

Put the vegetables in the pan with the meat, and add water until it runs about halfway up the pan. Cover it, put it back on the burner and set the heat to just above simmering. Keep an eye on it for awhile...never let it come to a strong boil, and never let the water run out (add more when needed).

Cook it all frickin' day, or until the meat falls apart...whichever comes first.

Salt and pepper to taste. Garlic optional at any stage.

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 03:30 PM

I'll add this one:

Sugared Asparagus

3 TBS butter or margarine
2 TBS brown sugar
2 pounds fresh asparagus cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
1 cup chicken broth

In skillet over medium-high, heat butter and brown sugar until sugar is disolved. Add asparagus; saute for 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove asparagus to a serving dish and keep warm. Cook sauce, uncovered, until reduced by half. Pour over asparagus and serve immediately. (4-6 servings)

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 03:49 PM

Darn, I'm ummmmm hungry.

Okay, today I will submit another German recipe from my grandmothers hand written cook book.

Himmel und Erde
"Heaven and Earth"

This dish involves apples (that's the heavenly part) and hot mashed potatoes (the earthly part). It's almost like having dessert.

1 1/3 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
3 apples, peeled and quartered
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon venegar
1/4 pound bacon, diced
2 onions sliced

Bring water and salt to a boil in a stockpot.
Add potatoes and boil until tender (test with a toothpick of prongs of a fork)

Add apples and return to a boil and cook until tender.
Season with salt, sugar, and vinegar.

Fry the bacon and onion slices until brown. Pour over the potatoes and apples and serve.

Now I'll give you great grandma's fruit punch recipe. Great grandma was quite the character. I remember that she was quite wise but that I never wanted to kiss her much. My mom was always telling me to give great gramma' a kiss and I cringed at the idea. Dunno why... maybe because she was sold old with that thick accent.. maybe because she was so thin and wrinkly? I dunno but her punch (now that I'm old enough to enjoy it) will sit right well with you all through the day or night. Make this for a family gathering or a party.

Fruit Punch
Bowle

6 ripe, peeled peaches or 8 unpeeled apricots, OR 1 sliced pineapple or 1 quart of strawberries
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup dry sherry
4 bottles of dry white wine

Slice the fruit you selected and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle the fruit with the powdered sugar. Pour the sherry over the fruit, cover and let stand for at least 4 hours. Add the wine and stir. Serve cold.

Can you say three sheets to the wind? I know that you can......

Next I'll submit my killer Warm German potato salad with lots of yummy crumbled bacon. It's divine and I wish I had some right..... NOW.
Posted By: 440Dave

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 03:58 PM

Here's one of my favourites. Make sure you have a fresh battery in your smoke detector so you know when things are done.

Bachelor Tuna/hamburger whatzit-
1 can tuna or 1 pack hamburger(you can use balogna, shrimp, catfood, gummi bears, leftover bait,be creative)
1 can mushroom soup
Any leftover potato chips, doritos, bugles, etc.
some sour cream is a nice touch, but not necessary
Some grated cheese, spray-on cheese is good too.

Mix all ingredients together in a used chinese food carton. These can usually be found behind the garbage can and have often already been licked clean by the dog. Spray or sprinkle cheese on top, followed by crumbled potato chips. Microwave on max for 5 min, 10 min if the hamburger is raw. Douse liberally with ketchup and enjoy! Can be eaten with fork, chopsticks, or snap-ring pliers. Don't forget to remove metal handle from carton to avoid lightning storms in the microwave. A hearty and tasty breakfast, it goes okay with beer, but is best served with a tall mug of chilled weiner water.

I also know how to make a whole oven full of popcorn, and I can cook bacon on a fork with a bic lighter while driving. Some of my other inventions are cream of balogna soup and one I call 'the corked bat', a custard and grape jelly filled corndog on a stick. I gotta go make some breakfast....
Posted By: megajoltman

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 04:13 PM

Grab some nice pork chops (Smoked are nice)

Wet chops (both sides) slightly with your fav white wine or cooking wine.
generously sprinkle on both sides Paprika, dill, mint, little bit of ground pepper, salt, fresh garlic and then parsley
In a oven safe dish pour in more wine to just covering the bottom, place chops in there, then place in a preheated oven (350) for 40 min or till no longer pink in the middle (everyone oven temp heat is different)

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 04:48 PM

I'm looking for a really juicy chicken recipe that's different . Does anyone else have any good unique chicken dishes?

I have an easy slow cooker recipe that's basic but good.

"Easy slow cooked chicken"

Just take as many boneless chicken breast as you want to prepare and rub them with salt and pepper and place them in a slow cooker (crockpot) and cover with open pit sauce or what other barbeque sauce you prefer and slow cook all day long making sure that the bottom doesn't burn. (Stir occassionally).

Depending on how long you cook the chicken you could have juicy chicken or pull apart chicken which you could turn into barbeque chicken sandwiches on grilled keiser rolls or buns. Add cheese for a tangy zip and lettus and tomato if you so desire. Serve with mustard potato salad or barbeque beans and a cold soda.

Oh here's one of my favorite easy appetizer foods that's a hit at every party I've brought it to:

"Catcher on the rye"
Yes, I named this recipe myself.

1 (one) loaf of rye coctail bread (the little bread slices)
1 pound of hot italian sausage cooked/crumbled and drained.
1 jar of Kraft Cheese wiz.

Arrange bread slices on a cookie sheet and spread each slice of bread with some of the cheese. You don't have to cover each slice completely (just enough to have a nice amount).

Next with a spoon sprinkle some of your cooked crumbled sausage on each pieace of the bread.

Bake in a pre-heated 400 to 425 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes.

Place on a plate and serve warm.

VERY delicious and the rye bread gets toasted, the cheese cooks onto the bread with the sizzling sausage on top. Since it's baked these two to three bite snakes have a little crunch to it on the sides.

YUM!

Ethnic, but not sure which kind. Maybe redneck. - 04/28/04 06:05 PM

TAMALE PIE

-Pour a family size can of your favorite chili into a large, buttered pyrex 8"x10".
-Then mix up two boxes of Jiffy cornbread and pour over the top evenly.
-Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 25-30 minutes. Keep an eye on the color and toothpick the cornbread before removing from oven to ensure it's cooked.

It's simple, easy and if you are in a rural area, you can recirculate your intestinal toxic waste to power a small generator!

Be sure to wash this down with milk to avoid a night on the couch with the dog.

DG, you crack me up.
Posted By: 67500vert

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 07:05 PM

This is a great, super easy, tortilla chip dip. It is generally called "Hot Dip", but it has come to be called puke dip for a reason which becomes obvious when it is done.

You will need: a 1:1:1 ratio of cream cheese, hot breakfast sausage (in the plastic tube, like Jimmy Dean) and hot chunky salsa. You can determine the sizes, but the ratio remains the same; I use 16 ounces of each ingredient.

Soften the cream cheese. Slice open the sausage tube and squash the sausage out in a frying pan. Cook it, and as you do, keep hacking it up with a wooden spoon. Your goal is fully cooked little sausage crumbs. Drain off the grease and dump the sausage on the cream cheese. Pour the salsa in a strainer and get rid of most of the liquid. Dump the drained salsa in with the other 2 ingredients. Mix, mix, mix. keep going. you need to make sure it is fully blended.

here's is where you see the reason for the name. the dip will look for all the world like a big bowl of chunder. puke, vomit, technicolor yawn. you name it, it looks like a bowl of barf. but my oh my is it tasty.

This can easily be personalized, and i rarely make it the same way twice. I have added jalapeno slices, diced habaneros, chopped garlic, lime juice, jerk spice. name it, it can be added to this basic dip.

serve it hot with tortilla chips. this dip carries my personal guarantee, if you don't love it and your friends don't beg you to make it, i'll, i'll, i don't know, i'll do something.

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 07:11 PM

The ingredients of that dip sound awesome but... but... could you not have told us it looks like puke/vomit?

I don't know if I want to make it now.

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 07:30 PM

From Moparts member 'megajoltman'

maple baked chicken breasts EH!

Ingredients
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
1 pound uncooked chicken breast, boneless and skinless, four 4-oz pieces
1 serving cooking spray
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp Sage, ground
1 medium onion(s), thinly sliced
3/4 cup fat-free chicken broth

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
2. Stir together flour, salt and pepper. Dust chicken with flour mixture, patting off excess.
3. Coat a large nonstick, ovenproof frying pan with cooking spray. Add chicken and brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
4. Stir together maple syrup, thyme and sage and pour over chicken. Lay onions over chicken and then pour chicken broth over all. Cover and bake 1 hour, basting occasionally with pan sauce. Yields 1 chicken breast and about 3 tablespoons of sauce per serving.

Posted By: ViperDave

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 07:41 PM

Veal divine

Veal (amount doesnt matter)
Thinly cut deli ham (a piece for each piece of veal)
Cream of mushroom (3-4 cans usually)
Various spices

Bread veal cutlets as you normally would to your normal taste, cook partially in a pan lightly oil, soul seasoning (salt mix) a clove or garlic and a pinch of onion powder. Then in a crock pot place a piece of veal covered in a piece of thinnly sliced deli ham, and stack them up, proceed to cover in cream of mushroom (or chicken) soup (usually a few cans). Cook for atleast 4 hours, although i shoot for 12. Enjoy, it looks nasty but tastes good

Edit: serve with mashed potatos
Posted By: ViperDave

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 07:44 PM

Tangy Ribs

boneless or bone-in pork ribs (amt matters not)
BBQ suace (a few bottles, cheap ones usually work best)
Italian Dressing (a few bottles, once again cheap)

Par boil the ribs. Place in crockpot with enough BBQ and italian to cover the whole thing. Allow to simmer for multiple hours, the longer the better. Meat is as tender and flaky as can be. Don't burn it. Uusually served with a white sauce noodle.
Posted By: megajoltman

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/28/04 08:05 PM

Thanks DG I put it in the wrong thread
Posted By: srt

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/29/04 12:04 AM

I have one that I made up years ago.
1 big tri-tip roast into 1 zip lock freezer bag add 1/3 cup dark red wine, 1/3 cup soy sauce and 1/3 cup ketsup 1/3 tsp garlic powder 1/3 tsp fresh ground black pepper and 1/3 tsp chile powder (I like cayenne best, but hot!). Let marinate in fridge for 3-4 hours then on counter for an hour or so. Light a charcoal bbq (I use a webber clone) using a stack full of charcoal, when glowing good (the coals!) put a foil drip pan on 1/2 the grill and spread coals on the other half. With the grill hot sear the meat over the coals for a couple minutes a side then place it over the foil, keep the bottom vents most of the way open and the top vent all the way open close the lid and have a couple beers (or more) don't peek let cook for 45 minutes (more if large, less if small one) then remove, let it set for about 10-15 minutes then slice cross grain on a slant. Great w/ bbq onions.
Since you asked: Chicken Oregeno. Get a new bag and put 1/2'd chicken in it with some chopped parsely and oregeno (a couple tsp each fresh is best) 1/3 cup of olive oil juice of a big lemon a clove of garlic, some salt and fresh ground balck pepper. Let it marinade for 5-8 hours turn bag several times then cook on a similarly prepared grille, BUT sear only on the cut side, then place skin side down and place over the foil and put a couple spoonfools of marinade in the cavities. Bottom vents same as above, top vent just a little more closed.(I am going to have to cook some of this soon, my mouth is watering!) Let it cook for about an hour, you can check once when nearly done and add more sauce, check a leg to see how much more time. Remove and let it cool five minutes.
Not proofe read, but I think you can get it from the above.
sr
Posted By: Polarabill

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/29/04 02:29 AM

Polarabill's breakfast cassarolle; basic ingredients
    8-10 eggs
  • 2cups milk
  • 10-12 slices of bread Additional items to taste; 1# bulk sausage,browned. 1# bacon browned
  • 1# ham,cooked
  • 1# cheddar cheese,grated
  • 1# mozzerella cheese,grated
Pre heat oven to 350. Grease or Pam a 9x13 glass baking dish. Crumble bread into pan(I use Rye, Italian and oatmeal breads)Mix eggs and milk and pour over the bread. Now you can add other ingredients to suit your taste. I like to layer the meats then cover with cheese. Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour covered with foil and 1/2 hour uncovered. Serves 8-12 and is great microwaved the next day.

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/29/04 02:41 AM

i posted this in the wrong thread so here it is again.

Fried Soup

Ingredents:
1 pounds bacon. any kind. i prefer the ends and pieces type. its cheaper.

2 16 oz cans of diced or stewed tomatoes. a quart of home canned tomatoes can be used if your lucky enough to have them around.

2 large onions. white, purple, or yellow is fine. i prefer the white ones. around here large onions weigh about 1 pound each.

2 tbs of chili powder. brand dosent matter.

2 cloves of fresh garlic. smashed. 1/2 tsp of garlic powder can be substituted. i prefer fresh.

salt, black pepper, and sugar to taste.

How to Prepare
cut the bacon the apx 1" x 1" pieces. cook quickly in a large skillet until done but still soft. remove from heat and wash the fat off of the bacon in the sink with water. yes wash it in the sink in a collander just like you would spaggetti. use hot water so you dont stop up your sink. then let it cool. cut your onions in 3/8" to 1/2" slices and seperate the rings. it looks like a lot but onion cooks down to about 20% of its original volumm. now put the skillit back on the burner and let it just barely begin to sizzle. add the crushed garlic or powder and onions. place a lid over it. open it frequently and stir. usually takes about 5 minutes or less for the onions to cook down. once they do, add the chili powder. 2 tbs is actually just for reference. some people like more and some like less. use your own judgment there. once it begins cooking pour in the tomatoes. add the salt and pepper. the sugar is optional. i dont use it. i gave you that option because some people dont like the sour "twang" some tomatoes have. the sugar usually helps that. i like the "twang". guess thats the Texan in me. once it is all in, stir until it begins to simmer. then lower your heat and cover. it usually takes about 15 minutes for it to finnish cooking. i know it sounds strange to fry a soup, but i been eating it most of my life and my kids love it. i hope you enjoy it as much as i enjoyed shareing it with yall.

note: this recipe serves about 8 people. the ingredents can be fractioned and it will still cook and prepare the same.
Posted By: Polarabill

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/29/04 02:44 AM

Mexican Dip:
  • 1# ground beef, browned & drained
  • !# bulk hot sausage,browned& drained
  • 1# Cream cheese
  • 2 cans Hormel chile with out beans
  • Mexicaln style Velveeta cheese(hot)
Preheat oven to 350. Grease or Pam a 9x13 baking dish(I use throw away type) Spread cream cheese evenly in bottom of pan. Warm chile in pan on stove adding ground beef and sausage. Spread over cream cheese. Slice Velveeta and completely cover chile mix. Bake uncovered 1/2 hour or until cheese is golden brown. Serve with tortilla chips.

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Thread - 04/29/04 03:02 AM

one nice thing about my cooking is it won't give you diarreha, thats cause you wouldn't eat it! neighbors dog likes it though .

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th - 04/29/04 05:50 AM

Quote:

one nice thing about my cooking is it won't give you diarreha, thats cause you wouldn't eat it! neighbors dog likes it though .

Hey Gator..... whatcha' doing this Sunday? Hmmmmmmm?
Posted By: dartcharger

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th - 04/29/04 01:44 PM

Here's a chicken cassarole that was shown to me as a microwave dish.
But i dont like microwave's for anything else but reheating so i turned it back into an oven dish.

INGREADIANCE (spellcheck)

3 chicken breast's
2 can's of vedgetable soup
2 table spoons of BBQ seasoning
8-10 potatoe's
Shredded mozzarella cheeze

Peel and cook potatoe's ready for mashing while cooking chicken with BBQ seasoning.
When both are cooked shred chicken with a fork while holding with tong's (the chicken should look like long stringy bit's that can be easy to seperate.
Put both cans of vedgetable soup in cassarole dish with shredded chicken.
Spread mash potatoe's over the top (should be about 1/2 of an inch thick.)
Spread mozzarella chesse over the top & then scrape left over BBQ seasoning out of pan & drip over the top randemly.
Cook in oven @ 200 degrease celciuse until cheese goe's lightly brown.

Side note: DONT USE CHICKEN & VEG SOUP IN THIS DISH AS THE ARTIFICAIL CHICKEN flaver will spoil it. ask me how i know.

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th - 04/29/04 02:50 PM

Keep those recipes coming. I get hungry everytime I see this thread.

Okay, here is my mother in laws recipe for chicken caserole.
It's such a great comfort food that it's no wonder my husband gets all giddy when I make it. This caserole merges juicy fried chicken breast with brocolli and cheese.

Moms Southern Fried Chicken Caserole

5 or 6 boneless skinless chicken breast
2 large cans of Campbells cream of chicken soup
2 boxes of frozen brocolli
16 oz sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
Salt
Pepper
Fresh bread crumbs (enough to cover the caserole)
Flour (enough to make a batter)
Milk (enough to make a batter)
1 egg
Cooking oil

In a medium sized bowl mix your flour egg and milk together.
In another bowl put your dry flour along with some salt and pepper.

Dip chicken breast inside the milk and egg mixture then into the flour mixture.

Place each coated chicken breast inside your frying pan with heated cooking oil and check chicken until done and no longer pink inside. Be sure to flip chicken so your batter doesn't burn or stick to your pan.

Place cooked chicken breast on a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Set aside and allow chicken breast to cool.

In a large pyrex caserole dish or rectangular glass cooking dish spread your un-thawded pakages of brocolli on the bottom of the dish.

Go back to your cooled chicken and cut off any hard pieces of batter (you can eat that like I do while I'm cooking)

Cut chicken into small pieces and layer on top of your brocolli in your dish.

Open up your cans of cream of chicken soup and spread evenly on top of the brocolli and chicken.

Open up your shreeded sharp cheddar and layer on top of the chicken, brocolli, and soup.

In a food processor or chopped take a few slices of bread and make fine bread crumbs.

Sprinkle bread crumbs over entire dish until the cheese is fully covered.

Cover the top with aluminum foil and place in a pre-heated 425 degree over and bake for 45 minutes then remove aluminum foil and continue to bake for another 15 minutes or until the bread crumbs are golden brown.

Serve immediately.

This dish is great with corn, green beans, or mashed potatoes. I like to serve califlower with melted cheeze wiz sauce with it too.

Enjoy!

Cooks note:
You can use baked chicken instead of fried to cut down on some carbs. It's still wonderful but just isn't quite the same as the fried chicken.

This will be family favorite even if your kids don't like brocolli.

Posted By: dartcharger

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th - 04/29/04 03:50 PM

O.K here's another of the top of my head.
8-9 sausages pan fried to your liking.
1/2 can of diced tomatoe's fried untill there mushy but not burnt. (low heat)
Add onion's,mushroom's,sliced capsican& snow pea's at the last minute to keep them as fresh as.
Vedgateble's should be half cooked and coverd in tomatoe paste to keep them as fresh as possible.
Oh yer nearly forgot 3 squirts of tabasco pepper sauce
Posted By: 3twos

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th - 04/29/04 05:52 PM

OK, I'm going to give out one of Al's secret recipes, hope he won't mind. All of Al's recipes are in his head and he makes them up as he goes.

This is a favorite that the kids and I request for all our special occasions, birthdays, etc. I wrote this down last time he made it, in the unlikely event I might ever try cooking myself.

Al's Famous Chicken Alfredo

3 stalks sliced celery
3 TBSP butter
3 slices onion, cut up
1 jar Alfredo sauce
2 cups baby carrots, halved
1 red bell pepper, chunked
3/4 jar milk

Cook celery and onion in butter until translucent. Add Alfredo sauce and 3/4 jar of milk. Add carrots, and red pepper. Cook just till bubbling then turn WAAAAY down, cover and stir often. Simmer maybe 1 or 1-1/2 hours until veggies are tender and flavors are blended. I have seen him add a bit of beer as he's cooking, not too much!

Yum, yum. Serve with grilled or broiled chicken breasts and of course fettuccine noodles. Hope someone tries this, it's REALLY good. ~Sheila

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th - 04/29/04 05:57 PM

Shiela, I'm going to try this over the weekend. I'll let you know how we liked it but it sounds WONDERFUL.

Thanks!
DG
Posted By: 3twos

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th - 04/29/04 06:24 PM

For sure, if you like fettuccine alfredo you won't be disappointed... Now I'm thinking about what a great cook/chef/BBQ'r Al is! Sounds like a lot of people cook the way Al does (without written recipes) or he'll start w/a recipe and change it.

Take a look at these ribs. I know he soaks woodchips and he's adding them in the picture, but I don't know the secret seasoning (he sometimes calls it "magic powder" ha! ha!) and then there is his homemade BBQ sauce which is out of this world!~S

Attached picture 865030-ribs.JPG

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th - 04/30/04 12:32 AM

I think I've seen some magic powder before but I never saw it put on the grill before.

Come on guys. You cook almost every day and night. You must have some more recipes that you are hiding.

Don't be stingy!
Posted By: hemidart1

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/30/04 02:29 AM

How about this Mexican dish:
"Tequilla Corn Soup", it makes a nice appetizer before some red meat!

6 cups chicken broth
3 cobs of sweet corn or peaches and cream corn
3 tomatoes
1 shot of tequilla
juice from 2 fresh limes
handfull of CILANTRO
salt/white pepper

First bring the chicken broth to a boil, then add the corn you have just cut off the cob. Boil for 5 minutes, add the tomatoes that you have just peeled and de-seeded. Cook for one minute, then add the shot of tequilla,lime juice, coriander and salt and white pepper. Remove from heat. When you plate (or bowl) it, add a bit more CILANTRO on top and serve.
Serve with a cold Corona or margarita!

Enjoy
Al.
Posted By: bill_greenwood

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 04/30/04 04:53 AM

Wild Bill's Easy Chicken Stir Fry.

Start by pouring yourself a glass of your favorite white wine. Then get a cup and a half of rice cooking.

Break a broccoli tree (or two) into bite size pieces. Slice or chop three celery stalks into the size you like. Three good sized carrots, slice thin. I like to toss in about a cupful of fresh bean sprouts. Chop or thinly slice half an onion, your choice. You should have a three quart bowl filled with veggies. Pour some Kraft Zesty Italian salad dressing over the veggies and let marinate while you cut up the chicken.

Cut four medium boneless chicken breasts into pieces the size of the end of your thumb.

Pour a couple of spoonfuls of olive oil into the wok. Add a squirt of lemon juice, a splash of
soy sauce, a good sprinkle of garlic powder, a good sprinkle of Mrs. Dash, and some of your onion. Another splash of Italian dressing. Some teriyaki sauce works if added, as well. Turn heat on high and saute the chicken until done. Dump in the veggies, add another sprinkle of garlic powder(NOT garlic salt)and onion powder. Keep the heat at max and stir the mixture up good. I usually add a few more splashes of soy sauce while cooking. When the veggies are done- just hot all the way thru, but still crunchy- toss in about half a cup of chow mein noodles. Stir for another minute. By now, the rice will be done. Serve right from the wok, steaming hot. Refill your wine, and your guests wine, and eat.
Posted By: Roughrdr

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th - 05/07/04 12:46 AM

Louisiana Gumbo

• 3/4 cup Flour
  • 1 cup cooking oil
  • 4-6 cups Water
  • 1 big onion
  • 1/2 cup green oniona
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley
  • 1 tbsp salt, black pepper, red pepper
  • 5 lbs shrimp cleaned and deveined
  • 1 dozen blue crabs

Start the oil on low flame mixing the flour making sure the flour doesn't form lumps. Once all the flour is in use a hot fire (high heat) Stirring constantly. Bring flour to a dark brown, do not burn or let it lump.When flour is brown add onion (finely chopped) After 2 minutes add water and all ingrefients except meat.

Let boil for 1/2 hour then add meat. boil 15 minutes more.

Serve over rice or bread, like a soup.

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th - 05/07/04 03:29 PM

Chicken Continental

• 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken Diced
  • 1 can (4oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • 1 can (13.75oz) chicken broth
  • 9-10 oz french cut green beens
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp basil leaves
  • dash of cayenne pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups minute rice

Saute chicken, mushrooms & garlic in oil 2-3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except rice and bring to full boil. Stir in rice, remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.

Makes roughly 4 servings

*Note....Chicken can be prepared earlier in day or day before. We boil it, then when its cooked we cut it up into bite size pieces while at the same time de-boning it.
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th - 05/07/04 04:33 PM

Ok, I dont eat meat so you can add some if you want. This is what I eat pretty much everyday for lunch at work:

Black Beans

-4 cups black beans
-2 cups of some other beans (pinto, magic, whatever)
-1 smallish can of chipolte peppers in adobe sauce
-1 can adobe sauce
-some type of oil (i use olive)
-1 large onion
-lots of fresh minced garlic
-cumin
-Jalpenos or other hot peppers
-Some typ of Corn
-Bell Peppers
-A six pack of good beer

Step 1: Get out the largest stock pot that you own and start heating up some oil in the bottom. Crack a beer.

Step 2: Chop up all ingredients sans beans, place in stock pot with hot oil and mix it up with the spices and garlic. You may want to wear some type of protection (I use my full-face sheild from the shop) because things may spatter. You may now crack another beer.

Step 3: Crack a beer and let the mixture of goodness and oil saute' in the pan for a while, or until the kitchen smokes up. Crack another beer.

Step 4: Rinse dry beans and make sure there are no rocks or bugs in them (I have found both). Insert a five or six (maybe seven) cups of water into the stock pot and then ad said rinsed/inspected beans. Mix 'em up real well. Consume beer as neccesary.

Step 5: Hang around the stove and make sure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pot and that you have enough water to submerge the mixture of beans and goodness. At this point, you should be half in the bag, depending on your body weight. When the stuff has been boiling for a while, turn it down to a simmer.

Step 6: Open a bottle of wine, take nap. About four or five hours from now the beans should be good and tender or whatever you like. Its a good idea to check the water level now and then; the dry beans soak up lots of moisture and goodness.

Step 7: Wake up from nap, consume one large glass of cold water. The beans should be ready to eat and depending on how much water you added they will be submerged in delicious bean-gravy.

Serve with wine (that you opened a while back to let breath), hot tortillas, rice, etc. The left-overs (all 5 lbs.) make great dips when other things are added to them. You can cut this recipe to a 1/16th of the above specs and cook it in a coffee pot, put be prepared to buy more beer.

Any Questions?

2tons
Posted By: 330Scott

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Thread - 05/07/04 05:19 PM

Meat Loaf

A very simple recipe that any guy can make.

Serving Size: 12 regular size portions (adjust according to your stomach).

Preparation Time: 2 hours

2 1/2 lbs ground chuck
1 lb ground veal
1/2 lb ground lean pork
2 cups soft bread crumbs
1 cup chopped onions
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 can bean soup
1 can tomato soup
4 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Press into greased loaf pan & bake at 350 for 1 1/4 hours

[The Fly] Feed Me [/The Fly]

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Thread - 05/09/04 02:56 AM

Just made this - some lucky Moparts members will get to try it at the Mopar Atlantic Nats at ETown next weekend, I'm making a double batch. Taste it for yourselves if you're there.

Whiskey-Braised Apple Sauce

1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger (about a 2-3 inch piece)
6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup bourbon

In a saucepan, melt butter and saute ginger for 1 minute. Add apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and bourbon. Simmer uncovered until apples are very tender, about 45 minutes.
Puree in a blender until "apple butter" consistency.

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Thread - 05/09/04 04:37 AM

into one big bowl you go
1 box small curd cottage cheese
1 box favorite flavor jello
1 box whip
lotsa small marshmallow's
lotsa chopped nuts, whole nuts, any nuts
i can diced pineapple or oranges or mixed fruit or strawberries or sliced bananna's or any fruit of your choice
mix it all up, chill it, serve

Posted By: nutso suave

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 05/09/04 06:22 AM

i have to admit i didn't read EVERY recipe but i thought of one i'd like to share.

Hungarian Beef Goulash

this recipe serves around four people, just double amounts and add a 1/4 to the times for additional servings.

ingredients:

2 tbsp olive oil
2 pounds beef round, cubed
2 onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp all purpose flour
2 teasp paprika
1 teasp caraway seed
14 oz skinned and chopped tomatoes
1 1/4 cups beef stock
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 carrot, chopped
sour cream @ extra paprika for serving

heat the oil in a large pan or casserole and fry the meat on high heat for ~ 5 minutes, stirring until browned. remove meat, making sure to leave oil and meat juices in the pan. add the onions and garlic, frying over medium heat until soft (around 5 minutes), then add flour, paprika and caraway seeds. stir and cook for 2 minutes. add the meat to the mixture, stir in the tomatoes, bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for around two hours. After two hours of simmering, stir the carrot and red pepper and season with salt and pepper. cover and simmer for an additional 25 minutes.

serve in a bowl with a spoonful of sour cream and a sprinkle of paprika.

the recipe calls for dumplings which you can make and put in the pot with the carrots and red pepper. i usually add a slice of french bread when i serve it, but the dumplings are easy enough to do:

1 cup self rising flour
1/2 cup shredded suet
1 tbsp chopped parsely
1/2 teasp caraway seeds
salt and pepper

siftthe flour and seasonings together, add around 3-4 tbsp of water and make into soft dough. divide into ~6-8 balls and add into the goulash (on top) with the carrots, around 25 minutes before the dish is done.

this is a great potluck dish in that it is REALLY filling. a little bit goes a long way. ENJOY!

Posted By: Larry_Dart_360

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Thread - 05/09/04 09:07 PM

Posted By: bill_greenwood

Re: The great Moparts recipe exchange thread. - 05/10/04 12:24 AM

One more- Billy Greenstick's Easy Chili.
Start a loaf of brown bread in the bread maker.
Brown 1 1/2-2 lbs of lean ground beef in a stew pot, along with 1/2 of a finely chopped, medium sized onion, 1 or 2 cloves of crushed garlic, 1/2 of a medium sized red or green pepper cut up into the size you like (I chop them fairly small), using olive oil. I find olive oil adds a nice flavor. Grind a 28 oz. can of tomatoes in the blender and pour into the stewpot along with the rest of the chopped onion. Add 1 can of deep brown beans in tomato sauce- I like Heinz or Libby's, but the Heinz is a bit darker. Add a heaping tablespoon of honey or brown sugar. Stir in 3 heaping tablespoons of ground chili powder, a sprinkle of salt (but not too much), about a 1/4 tsp of salsa seasoning. Leave to simmer on low heat for long enough to take a nap. Leave the lid slightly askew in order to reduce the chili somewhat and thicken it. When your company arrives, fill your other stew pot with fresh corn on the cob and get it cooking. By then, the bread will be done. Grate some cheddar cheese while your spouse serves up the cold Corona's. Serve the chili in bowls, with grated cheese melting on top, and a thick slice of bread for dipping, and real butter for the corn. Discuss politics and religion over supper. Enjoy!

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th - 01/22/05 10:04 PM

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th - 01/22/05 10:16 PM

Quote:

Now why on earth would RoughRdr bump a thread that ain't had any replies in over eight months back to the top???

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th - 01/22/05 10:24 PM

Just to make you ask questions.

Actaully, I was lookinng for a couple of the recies that were in here.

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th - 01/22/05 10:27 PM

Quote:

Just to make you ask questions.

LOL OK!

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th - 01/22/05 11:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Now why on earth would RoughRdr bump a thread that ain't had any replies in over eight months back to the top???

maybe he is hungry?

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th - 01/22/05 11:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

maybe he is hungry?

I am, but the truck stop here ain't gonna cut it tonight...Balogna and beans agina tonight it looks like.

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Thread - 01/22/05 11:16 PM

I'll throw in this lamb receipe. It's real easy and tastes great.
2 racks of lamb frenched and fell trimed
grey poupon or other dijon mustard
1/2 LB dry roasted unsalted pistachios
your favorite dry rub ( I use Emiril's Essence
Sprinkle the rub all over the racks then sear the
racks in a very hot pan for 30 to 45 seconds on the sides, bottom, and fat side of the racks and let cool.Now coat the racks with the grey poupon.
Take your pistachio nuts and buzz them in a food processor for 45 seconds.Now with the grey poupon acting like a glue pack the pisachio mix on the rack to form a crust. Time to preheat the oven to 400 and put the racks in the roasting pan.I like to stand mine up intertwining the rib bones.Takes
about 35 min for med rare. I cut mine in doublee thick chops and serve.Enjoy

Re: Moparts Great American/International Recipe Th - 01/22/05 11:55 PM

Quote:

I am, but the truck stop here ain't gonna cut it tonight...Balogna and beans agina tonight it looks like.

Ewwwwwwww!!! Glad I ain't ridin' with you tonight!