USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
You mustn’t be so hard on the poor pitiful sixbbl69. Everyone knows that HE knows more than the judges who actually saw and judged the car. Now keep in mind that these SAME individuals have judged and compared ALL of the OE cars that have rolled through the OE program to present date. This includes the other "people" mentioned by our pseudo expert sixbbl69. Rather than argue with the poor soul, lets see what OE head judge (Keith Rohm) said about this car in comparison to the past cars that have been judged in the OE program:

"The challenger is the nicest OE vehicle that we've had the opportunity to look at. It truly represents the word OE. That briefly is best case scenario as the vehicle would have been delivered to the customer brand new. With all factory imperfections intact and not cosmetically touched up. These cars were not perfect new but this challenger best represents the way the vehicle would have been delivered new. Our Dodge white hats are off to this challenger"

Sorry sixbbl69!!!!!

Re: Dave Walden's 1970 Challenger R/T-A Step Back in Ti [Re: ECS] #102848
08/31/08 01:06 AM
08/31/08 01:06 AM
S
sixbbl69 Offline
top fuel
sixbbl69  Offline
top fuel
S

Quote:

You mustn’t be so hard on the poor pitiful sixbbl69. Everyone knows that HE knows more than the judges who actually saw and judged the car. Now keep in mind that these SAME individuals have judged and compared ALL of the OE cars that have rolled through the OE program to date. This includes the other "people" mentioned by our pseudo expert sixbbl69. Rather than argue with the poor soul, lets see what head OE judge (Keith Rohm) said about this car in comparison to the past cars that had been judged in the OE program:

"The challenger is the nicest OE vehicle that we've had the opportunity to look at. It truly represents the word OE. That briefly is best case scenario as the vehicle would have been delivered to the customer brand new. With all factory imperfections intact and not cosmetically touched up. These cars were not perfect new but this challenger best represents the way the vehicle would have been delivered new. Our Dodge white hats are off to this challenger"

Sorry sixbbl69!!!!!

dave,it is just my opinion. like your opinion that you have the best mopar on earth. everyone knows that it ain't what you know or what you have its who you know and thats how far you go at certain shows . now if you are going to reply to this in your normal 12 yr old throwing a fit when you get a negative post about your car then don't waste your time. if my opinion bothers you put me on ignore.

Re: Dave Walden's 1970 Challenger R/T-A Step Back in Ti [Re: sixbbl69] #102849
08/31/08 08:08 PM
08/31/08 08:08 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
Hey sixbbl69! Heres to your "opinion"

Re: Dave Walden's 1970 Challenger R/T-A Step Back in Ti [Re: sixbbl69] #102850
09/02/08 05:12 PM
09/02/08 05:12 PM
California
P
Plymouth273 Offline
Plymouth273  Offline
P

California
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

looks like all the other non hemi E-body cars I've seen in the OE judging at the Nat's i like the Roger Gibson E-body res to,s. nicer and much more correct.

Good grief it's Jerry again,...........well I'll tell ya Jerry......Roger G, could learn a few things here,....I yet to see Dave W. make the kinda of mistakes( or any mistakes, for that matter) that I see on a lot of Gibson restorations

Jerry,...are there any good houses in your neighborhood...........that you could haunt?

don't tell me you are claiming to be an expert on these cars like the quarter panels you know so much about? is your name Dave also? please impress me with all your knowledge or try to.i haven't had a good laugh since the last time i read one of your post.i do agree that someone needs a little help restoring an E-body and it ain't Roger Gibson. thanks for bringing that point up.your one heck of a guy.

Wow, another useless post from a know-it-all that criticizes everyone but never accomplishes anything. First of all, while Roger G. does beautiful restorations he has yet to build a car as factory correct as this Challenger and for that matter MCR will never get close. I must have missed the year of the Nats that you had the perfect score since your “knowledge” and critique of everyone else is so keen, Oh Wait, that hasn’t happened and never will since you have the mouth to talk a good game but not the skills to back it up. I get the feeling you have either little mans complex and sit behind your keyboard to criticize from a distance; or you are a low achiever that is jealous of everyone that excels above you in knowledge and ability; which I am sure is a common occurrence in your life. The more of your posts that I read the more I realize that you are not much of a man, just a complete smarta$$ with nothing to add to this board, the Mopar hobby or to life in general.

Re: Dave Walden's 1970 Challenger R/T-A Step Back in Ti [Re: Plymouth273] #102851
09/02/08 11:25 PM
09/02/08 11:25 PM
S
sixbbl69 Offline
top fuel
sixbbl69  Offline
top fuel
S

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

looks like all the other non hemi E-body cars I've seen in the OE judging at the Nat's i like the Roger Gibson E-body res to,s. nicer and much more correct.

Good grief it's Jerry again,...........well I'll tell ya Jerry......Roger G, could learn a few things here,....I yet to see Dave W. make the kinda of mistakes( or any mistakes, for that matter) that I see on a lot of Gibson restorations

Jerry,...are there any good houses in your neighborhood...........that you could haunt?

don't tell me you are claiming to be an expert on these cars like the quarter panels you know so much about? is your name Dave also? please impress me with all your knowledge or try to.i haven't had a good laugh since the last time i read one of your post.i do agree that someone needs a little help restoring an E-body and it ain't Roger Gibson. thanks for bringing that point up.your one heck of a guy.

Wow, another useless post from a know-it-all that criticizes everyone but never accomplishes anything. First of all, while Roger G. does beautiful restorations he has yet to build a car as factory correct as this Challenger and for that matter MCR will never get close. I must have missed the year of the Nats that you had the perfect score since your “knowledge” and critique of everyone else is so keen, Oh Wait, that hasn’t happened and never will since you have the mouth to talk a good game but not the skills to back it up. I get the feeling you have either little mans complex and sit behind your keyboard to criticize from a distance; or you are a low achiever that is jealous of everyone that excels above you in knowledge and ability; which I am sure is a common occurrence in your life. The more of your posts that I read the more I realize that you are not much of a man, just a complete smarta$$ with nothing to add to this board, the Mopar hobby or to life in general.

even the owner lets criticism go Thur one ear and out the other or takes it with a grain of salt.has big shoulders or whatever.

Re: Dave Walden's 1970 Challenger R/T-A Step Back in Ti [Re: sixbbl69] #102852
09/03/08 12:49 AM
09/03/08 12:49 AM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

like your opinion that you have the best mopar on earth.

All joking aside sixbbl69, I have a couple of questions. Did you even see or inspect my Challenger (in person) at the 2008 Nationals? If not, what factual information did you base your “opinion“ or assessment on? The other question concerns your quote above. Where did I ever state to you or anyone that it is my "opinion" that I have the best Mopar on earth?

DW

Re: Dave Walden's 1970 Challenger R/T-A Step Back in Ti [Re: ECS] #102853
09/03/08 03:40 AM
09/03/08 03:40 AM
541 slobovia
A990 Offline
master
A990  Offline
master

541 slobovia
So after reading this and the other thread about the technique to restore this car, what's the right way to restore our beloved Mopars?

The way the workers built them, or by the blueprints? Whats everyone's thoughts on this point?

Re: Dave Walden's 1970 Challenger R/T-A Step Back in Ti [Re: A990] #102854
09/03/08 09:14 AM
09/03/08 09:14 AM
S
sixbbl69 Offline
top fuel
sixbbl69  Offline
top fuel
S

Quote:

So after reading this and the other thread about the technique to restore this car, what's the right way to restore our beloved Mopars?

The way the workers built them, or by the blueprints? Whats everyone's thoughts on this point?

good question. answer is simple. a car is original only once. when it rolled off the truck at the dealers lot. meaning that anything restored after that and 38 yrs later unless a car spent its life in a bubble is nothing more then a restored car and subject to changes from the day 1 car. if factory built 40,000 cars off the blueprints did they all come off the line identical?

Re: Dave Walden's 1970 Challenger R/T-A Step Back in Ti [Re: A990] #102855
09/03/08 09:38 AM
09/03/08 09:38 AM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

Thanks for your input Ken. There are many ways that people can choose to restore/refurbish a car. I personally do not believe anyone has the right to say it is “wrong” if the person who owns the car is happy with the desired outcome. On a personal note, it was our objective to restore THIS car with the exact attributes and characteristics that IT was assembled with. We even counted and matched the drips that were documented underneath the car! In essence, the car was its own reference for the restoration. We have hundreds of pictures that documented before and after photos showing how precise we were in matching the cars original traits. If someone does not have an original car to start with and their objective is to have a factory type restoration, their other options are to follow the factory engineered drawings or other original cars. While one car may not be exactly “correct” for another car, it can still provide factory original characteristics to follow. As stated earlier, a person has the right to do to their vehicle whatever they choose so trying to pinpoint what is “right or wrong” really comes down to personal preference. Unless someone is attempting an OE factory type restoration, the sky is the limit as to how a car can appear or what it can represent!

Re: Dave Walden's 1970 Challenger R/T-A Step Back in Ti [Re: ECS] #102856
09/03/08 11:32 AM
09/03/08 11:32 AM
Car Country
T
TripleTX9 Offline
John with a "G"
TripleTX9  Offline
John with a "G"
T

Car Country
I have to say, I feel very fortunate to have seen Dave's car in person at this years Nats. Sadly, I wish I was able to spend more time observing the outstanding detail of the car, hours can be spent looking at this car. I feel very fortunate, that I was able to accomplish a goal of mine in winning first place at this years Nats in my class, Challenger Street, but my car is nothing to the level of Dave's. I make every attempt to replace incorrect parts, with correct parts, and just with my little 'piddling'of minor parts, it is a very difficult task, but I really enjoy doing it. I meet great people and get to see tremendous examples like Dave's Challenger. So my hats off to you Dave, not just at the level of the restoration, but every bit as much to the content you placed in it. Your car is a car that I could spend a Saturday morning, coffee in hand, just looking and talking about it for hours......it's like when you had favorite books at the library when you were a little kid.....every time you go back to the library, you pull it off the shelf to look at it again and again and your car Dave, represents that exact feeling to me. I can spend hours just studying it. Again, I find all the 'correct' and 'not correct' discussion almost a mute point. It is what it is, it is one of finest examples of a Challenger that exists and it is a pleasure for the eyes to see.

Hats off to you Dave

John with a G

Re: Dave Walden's 1970 Challenger R/T-A Step Back in Ti [Re: ECS] #102857
09/03/08 11:49 AM
09/03/08 11:49 AM
Dallas, TX
70challrtse Offline
super gas
70challrtse  Offline
super gas

Dallas, TX
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for your input Ken. There are many ways that people can choose to restore/refurbish a car. I personally do not believe anyone has the right to say it is “wrong” if the person who owns the car is happy with the desired outcome. On a personal note, it was our objective to restore THIS car with the exact attributes and characteristics that IT was assembled with. We even counted and matched the drips that were documented underneath the car! In essence, the car was its own reference for the restoration. We have hundreds of pictures that documented before and after photos showing how precise we were in matching the cars original traits. If someone does not have an original car to start with and their objective is to have a factory type restoration, their other options are to follow the factory engineered drawings or other original cars. While one car may not be exactly “correct” for another car, it can still provide factory original characteristics to follow. As stated earlier, a person has the right to do to their vehicle whatever they choose so trying to pinpoint what is “right or wrong” really comes down to personal preference. Unless someone is attempting an OE factory type restoration, the sky is the limit as to how a car can appear or what it can represent!

Not much there to disagree with.

Re: Dave Walden's 1970 Challenger R/T-A Step Back in Ti [Re: 70challrtse] #102858
09/04/08 12:48 PM
09/04/08 12:48 PM
541 slobovia
A990 Offline
master
A990  Offline
master

541 slobovia
Thanks for the answers! I have learned that the cars are judged against themselves; I wrognly presumed they were judged against each other, which would be impossible-(in my mind anyway)- to maintain a healthy competition environment.

At any rate, this issue is something the Smithsonian agonizes over when starting a new restoration.

Now you've got to get that car out west so it can be viewed. Maybe Juliano could display it in his collection for a short period?

Re: Dave Walden's 1970 Challenger R/T-A Step Back in Ti [Re: ECS] #102859
09/04/08 02:49 PM
09/04/08 02:49 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

Quote:

All joking aside sixbbl69, I have a couple of questions. Did you even see or inspect my Challenger (in person) at the 2008 Nationals? If not, what factual information did you base your “opinion“ or assessment on? The other question concerns your quote above. Where did I ever state to you or anyone that it is my "opinion" that I have the best Mopar on earth?

DW

I would still like an answer to the two questions sixbbl69.

Re: Dave Walden's 1970 Challenger R/T-A Step Back in Ti [Re: ECS] #102860
09/11/11 04:04 AM
09/11/11 04:04 AM
East Coast, NJ
F
fig426 Offline
top fuel
fig426  Offline
top fuel
F

East Coast, NJ
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

DW

I would still like an answer to the two questions sixbbl69.

Why bother? He can't spell. His grammar is horrible. He doesn't even have the guts to put his name in his profile. As for his comment about it's who you know in this hobby that gets you places, I don't know anybody, nor do I care to, and I get by perfectly fine. He is obviously ignorant and has nothing beneficial to say. That's my 2 cents worth!! By the way Dave, gorgeous car!!! I want to see a better pic of the TA too!!

Chris from New Jersey
Re: Dave Walden's 1970 Challenger R/T-A Step Back in Ti [Re: fig426] #102861
09/11/11 02:47 PM
09/11/11 02:47 PM
NY
70440+6bbl Offline
master
70440+6bbl  Offline
master

NY
Do you realize that this is a 3 year old thread?

Page 2 of 2 1 2