The truck wipers swing towards each other as well. I suppose a guy could use a car wiper system on a truck, but I suspect you would need to have almost the complete system because I'm sure that length of the connecting arms would be a different length. Even then, you still have to convert to a 12 volt motor.

I've screwed with wiper systems on 30s through the late 50s Mopar cars and trucks, usually trying to adapt a modern readily available motor to the old wiper posts. Most times have been moderately usable. Currently, my 50 cab has the driver side wiper connected to a modified connecting arm (between the post and the motor arm), a modified motor arm and a mid 70s truck motor. I have it function on 2 speeds, but on high, the wiper blade (12" long) will hit both edges of the gasket. On low it stops right at the gasket. The current wiper stops wherever its turned off (does not park). As of yet (about 8 years) I have not bent anything, but I don't run on high very often. I have no wiper on the passenger side.

I've looked at single wiper motor, arm, & blade assembly like on a rear window of mini vans and such, but the sweep angle is too large for the trucks. A 48-53 truck needs a 90 degree sweep, most of the 1 piece windshields you might get away with a 120 degree sweep. I have heard the single wiper from a 60s era Jeep CJ would work, but no one can tell me the degrees of sweep those have either. Most of the wiper/blade assemblies have long blades as well that may cause a problem. Gene