Just for the record, on 12 volts, my 6 volt fan motor ran much faster then it did on 6 volts, it lived fine until one of the wires shorted out where the old insulation fell off. I replaced the wires to the fan motor and replaced the fan with one from NAPA that fit my heater. The wiper also ran a lot faster on 12 volts then it did on 6 volts. Low speed was about as fast as high speed used to be, high speed on 12 volts was wild. The wiper did not live long on 12 volts, but who knows what condition it was in before I juiced it up? To get a high amp draw 6 volt motor to run on the voltage reducers, you need to have a couple reducers wired in parallel and then 2 in series (4 total) per motor, if I remember right. When I found out I had to buy 4 reducers, I opted to run on 12 volts until they melted down. A ballast resistor does not work either.

The 6 volt started whipped the engine over a lot faster too, made the old engine start easier. As long as you kept the cranking to short crank times, the starter worked fine. If you cranked too long, the starter started to smell funny, didn't seem to hurt it, but I stopped cranking as soon as it started smelling and left it sit a few minutes to cool off. Of course, none of the lights lasted long on 12 volts, and I used a 70s dash reducer for the fuel gauge.

To the guy that used a modern wiper on an older car, I would like to know how you made the wipers work. Did you retain the original wiper pivot positions? I have 1 wiper on my 50 Dodge truck because I can't get the passenger side to move in the other direction from the driver side. The old wipers moved towards each other, and all the new stuff moves with each other in the same direction. Gene