So whats the story on the John Rivers 68 Hemi Dart, is that the one that was in a street race that crashed. And what happened to the Irish Rover 68 Hemi Dart, what's it's status today.

John Rivers car was for sale in Florida serial number LO23M8B391xxx. As far as I know it was never crashed and was raced. It was owned by Craig Jackson and sold at auction to Brent and is black and restored. It has a title from Minnesota as I recall.

The car that was crashed was Chris Cambell's from the band of Bob Seager LO23M8B297xxx a four speed car. Also for sale in the last five years out in Waterford, MI.

I lost touch with Lenny in the mid 80's and haven't seen him. I have been by the house on Carrillon in Warren but it sure looked like someone else lived there when I drove by. He told me last I seen him someone out west wanted pictures of the car and one of those is the picture I posted on a earlier post when it had the tires and wheel on the back off of Lenny's big Chrysler that he drove to work. The person never had come through with a offer after a few months and he told me he was giving the car to his son Jeff. He was about four at the time. The plan was to paint the car a midnight metallic blue and the only lettering or graphic was to be midnight rambler in small letters on the trunk on one side above the rear bumper. The pearl white paint job may have had a few others under it or was so thick in layers that it was badly spider cracked but looked good from a few feet away. The hood also had a six or seven inch by two inch piece out of the passenger side rear corner also but the piece was present.

I lived close enough to Marty that when the car was fired up many would jump on their bicycle in the neighborhood and ride over to Amsterdam and steady flow would ride by to witness the behemoth Hemi in action. I was one!

Thanks to all for the info on the photo I posted. I had a inkling but it's nice to get a confirmation.