Here's what I remember. Ron's first car, the red car, first appeared with black stripes in 1970, then later with silver in 1971 was a real LO23. Ron was the 2nd owner. It was sold to a good friend of my dad, they both worked at Defense Engineering at Chrysler. It became the Irish Rover. The second car Ron raced started life as a 1972 Dart body-in-white, which he converted in to a 1968 by cutting the ass off of it and switching it with my uncles 1968 dart baby grand car (it started off as a real 340 GTS). Ron won a national event with that one, sold it to Bruce Hawk. It was raced by Bruce as a SS/A car. It was sold to Wilkes where it supposedly burnt in a garage fire. The last car that Ron raced started life as a 1969 Dart 340 (Swinger I think), he of course made it a 1968 and 1st ran it in A/MP, then de-stroked it from 426 to 396 to run B/MP. That was the car that gave Ron a ride for his life thanks to a loosening adapter sleeve from the filter to the oil pump housing. This same sleeve issue caused my buddy to hit the rail at Norwalk in his 1964 Aluminum nose 64 Plymouth. And as Forest Gump would say - "That's all I have to say about that".

Last edited by Transman; 03/31/11 07:42 PM.