Quote:

Dave

I just looked in my old door that come off my GTX.
That pin does NOT put upwards pressure on the channel.....it adjusts in and out in a slot in the bottom of the door to keep the lower portion of the track in the proper relation to the top section that bolts to the door.Without that pin holding the channel it could "wander" around when the glass is rolled down. The "sponge" just keeps it snug in the channel bracket.
It does help with the alignment of the whole vent channel. but only in and out.

Dave There should be no upward pressure. The stud is tightened in a bracket from the bottom of the door and the hex on the top of the stud. And the vent window end floats on the stud. This will give you in and out adjustment of the vent frame. A little moves it a bunch on the top of the vent window. I had to actually re-adjust mine when I put my roof rail weatherstrip in. And the vent window is attached in the front and by the allen head screw in the arch of the window frame area. As far as the seal is concerned it is a anti-rattle seal. I used a thick strip of foam packing that I cut from extra shipping packing (I had some from all the over priced parts that were shipped to me ) You could probably get some from any place that sells packaging supplies. Is this for your Bee I thought your windows were all in?

Scott

70 Coronet RT 440+6
64 Dodge 330 - Future Hemi Clone
17 Challenger Hellcat - Green Go Driver
86 Buick T-Type Turbo V-6