Moparts

'68 - 70 B body vent window anti rattle spacer?

Posted By: DPelletier

'68 - 70 B body vent window anti rattle spacer? - 03/21/11 08:16 PM

Anybody know where to get (or even what they look like) the "anti rattle spacers" that go over the pin inside the bottom of the door to hold/locate the vent window frame?
Posted By: 70mopes

Re: '68 - 70 B body vent window anti rattle spacer? - 03/21/11 10:05 PM

Have mine apart right now and I am not sure what part you are referring to. Do you have any pictures or diagrams showing this part in an assembly or by itself?
Posted By: 1hot68

Re: '68 - 70 B body vent window anti rattle spacer? - 03/22/11 02:18 AM

Its just a pice of foam to keep it from rattling. not any clip or whatever,just a chunk kinda wedged on when its slid down onto it.
Posted By: 70mopes

Re: '68 - 70 B body vent window anti rattle spacer? - 03/22/11 03:36 AM

Oh.... Was thinking of something else. This is what you are referring to. This is a shot of an original installation.

Attached picture 6542750-IMG_0352.jpg
Posted By: meepmeep70

Re: '68 - 70 B body vent window anti rattle spacer? - 03/22/11 01:56 PM

that pic is the guy,i used heavy shipping foam cut to size ,wasn't going to pay 20+

Re: '68 - 70 B body vent window anti rattle spacer? - 03/22/11 05:02 PM

Thanks guys; I have 4 doors and none of them have anything on that pin. The parts manual calls up a "anti rattle spacer" or something like that, but I had never seen one.

My guy that's helping me insists that there should be a bushing or something that can be supply upwards pressure to the vent frame to keep in in place as the other two bolts appear inadequate to the task, but I told him I had my doubts and that if there was a bushing, it wouldn't have been called an "anti rattle spacer", it would have been called a bushing, spring or spacer.

sounds like that pin just provides a locate and doesn't push up on the vent frame at all.

Dave
Posted By: cjs69mope

Re: '68 - 70 B body vent window anti rattle spacer? - 03/23/11 03:33 AM

I have found that the pin is just for glass tilt adjustment for a tighter fit to the door frame .
I have found many of cars with them broke off the frame and window worked ok .
the cars i have had three b bodys all had them broken off and sitting at the bottom of the door and when i restore them i welded the part back on to the window vent channel run never used any type of bushing and never heard or had one rattle yett .
not saying it wont just do see it to be much of a problem to worrie about , my fuel pump is louder than most rice burners out there HA HA.

Re: '68 - 70 B body vent window anti rattle spacer? - 03/23/11 04:21 PM

Quote:

I have found that the pin is just for glass tilt adjustment for a tighter fit to the door frame .

That's what my buddy is saying; that the pin pushes up to tilt the vent frame for a tighter fit to the door frame, but it can't do that unless there is something to give it upwards pressure right? without any sort of bushing, the vent frame is free to float on the pin with no upwards pressure.

I'm convinced that there was no such bushing, but without one, you are relying on the two upper bolts to hold the vent frame in position, correct?

Dave
Posted By: Desmond

Re: '68 - 70 B body vent window anti rattle spacer? - 03/23/11 06:48 PM

Quote:

Oh.... Was thinking of something else. This is what you are referring to. This is a shot of an original installation.

That is so lame.
Posted By: superwrench

Re: '68 - 70 B body vent window anti rattle spacer? - 03/24/11 04:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That's what my buddy is saying; that the pin pushes up to tilt the vent frame for a tighter fit to the door frame, but it can't do that unless there is something to give it upwards pressure right? without any sort of bushing, the vent frame is free to float on the pin with no upwards pressure.

I'm convinced that there was no such bushing, but without one, you are relying on the two upper bolts to hold the vent frame in position, correct?

Dave

I just looked in my old door that come off my GTX.
That pin does NOT put upwards pressure on the channel.....it adjusts in and out in a slot in the bottom of the door to keep the lower portion of the track in the proper relation to the top section that bolts to the door.Without that pin holding the channel it could "wander" around when the glass is rolled down. The "sponge" just keeps it snug in the channel bracket.
It does help with the alignment of the whole vent channel. but only in and out.
Posted By: hemi70se

Re: '68 - 70 B body vent window anti rattle spacer? - 03/24/11 05:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Dave

There are 3 bolts that hold the vent frame in place.... the 2 9/16s bolts under the plastic caps and the allen head bolt under the tiny plug. The white foam insert is the correct way the factory did them.
Posted By: SixPackRT

Re: '68 - 70 B body vent window anti rattle spacer? - 03/24/11 05:47 AM

Quote:

Dave

I just looked in my old door that come off my GTX.
That pin does NOT put upwards pressure on the channel.....it adjusts in and out in a slot in the bottom of the door to keep the lower portion of the track in the proper relation to the top section that bolts to the door.Without that pin holding the channel it could "wander" around when the glass is rolled down. The "sponge" just keeps it snug in the channel bracket.
It does help with the alignment of the whole vent channel. but only in and out.

Dave There should be no upward pressure. The stud is tightened in a bracket from the bottom of the door and the hex on the top of the stud. And the vent window end floats on the stud. This will give you in and out adjustment of the vent frame. A little moves it a bunch on the top of the vent window. I had to actually re-adjust mine when I put my roof rail weatherstrip in. And the vent window is attached in the front and by the allen head screw in the arch of the window frame area. As far as the seal is concerned it is a anti-rattle seal. I used a thick strip of foam packing that I cut from extra shipping packing (I had some from all the over priced parts that were shipped to me ) You could probably get some from any place that sells packaging supplies. Is this for your Bee I thought your windows were all in?

Scott

Re: '68 - 70 B body vent window anti rattle spacer? - 03/24/11 05:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dave

There are 3 bolts that hold the vent frame in place.... the 2 9/16s bolts under the plastic caps and the allen head bolt under the tiny plug. The white foam insert is the correct way the factory did them.

You beat me darn it

Scott

Re: '68 - 70 B body vent window anti rattle spacer? - 03/24/11 05:40 PM

[quote Is this for your Bee I thought your windows were all in?

Scott

Thanks guys. Yeah, it's for the Bee and all the windows are in with the exception of the 1/4 windows. I thought all I needed to do was add a couple missing rods to the door latches, but it turned into a complete teardown and reworking of all the door components!

Dave

Re: '68 - 70 B body vent window anti rattle spacer? - 03/24/11 06:11 PM

Quote:

Thanks guys. Yeah, it's for the Bee and all the windows are in with the exception of the 1/4 windows. I thought all I needed to do was add a couple missing rods to the door latches, but it turned into a complete teardown and reworking of all the door components!

Dave

Been there!

Scott
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: '68 - 70 B body vent window anti rattle spacer? - 03/24/11 06:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You beat me darn it

Scott

And that is your answer, wasn't sure if you picked it up earlier so I thought I'd highlight it....
© 2024 Moparts Forums